CDI Keylock with complete Wiring Upgrade

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
See KCsBikes.com for full details.

I set out to add a foolproof Keylock Ignition Switch to my MB and ended up improving the whole electrical system ;-}

The kit mounts to most any Chinese motor kits CDI spark plug module circuit, adds a connection for your throttle kill button, and improves the whole electrical system of your motorized bike with double shielded 18 gauge copper wire cable.

In short they are the perfect combination of parts to do the job, and available in three versions that look like this installed:

Note the clean heavy duty single wire look from frame head to motor as well as it's primary function of security.

There is not much to the Do It Yourself bag of parts kit.
The keyswitch, box, 18" of wire and a handful of connectors.

The thing is you just can't buy the parts one at a time without paying out he nose.
I bought in bulk and sell the bag of parts for $17.95 delivered free anywhere in the US, with a slight extra charge for overseas delivery.

A completed box ready to connect your 2 CDI wires to and glue on compares like this.

I will have the full detailed step by step part kit assembly instructions up on the web site soon, but here is what and assembled box looks like and where to to solder the two CDI wires.

As you can see I designed it to be a breeze to install.
Cut your CDI wires to ~3" long, strip of ~1/4" of insulation, tin them, hold them to the connection points and give them 10 seconds of heat.

Both kit wires (motor and kill button) are straight through connections to each other.
Pressing the kill button shorts out the CDI timing pulse and the motor dies.

The red wires are the "hot" for the Blue CDI wire.
The white wires are "neutral" or ground and the CDI's black wire.

The Keyswitch simply goes between the Black Ground to the CDI.
No ground, no circuit. Simple. And if you glue the box on to the CDI well very difficult to defeat.

The simple keylock that allows the key to be pulled out in both on and off positions is a handy deterrent, and the beefed up wiring is just a well worth it bonus ;-}

I only have parts for ~35 to sell for now at this price, so if you want some soon better order them soon. I have a PayPal payment system setup for them, see the link at the top of the post.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hi,

Well done!

a. Is it applicable for the HS 4 Stroke?
b. And HS 4 stroke rear mount?
c. do you have pics on a 4 stroke?

(i have just bought a grubee - hs 50cc 4 stroke motor, g4 t belt drive , rear mount)

thank you.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
No, they won't work on a 4-stroke, sorry.
The CDI is different and in the engine housing so just the plug wire comes out.