66/80CC Clutch won't disengage?

GoldenMotor.com

The-Dullahan

Feb 18, 2015
Clermont, Florida
Okay, so I am having an interesting issue here. No matter what I try, I cannot get the rear wheel to spin freely without the engine cycling with it. The engine is currently exactly as shown in the photos below and it is still having this problem. As you can see, the clutch lever and lever cover have both been removed, but so have the flower nut, clutch plate, and return spring on the opposite side. What exactly is holding this all in place right now?

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't really have an answer for you but noticed that your chain master link clip is pointing in the wrong direction.

By the photos it might just be rusted together in there. Did it previously work ok and/or has this engine been sitting for a long time?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Unless the clutch actuator cover, clutch lever are installed and the cable correctly tensioned, the clutch will be engaged and the rear wheel will turn the engine.

Put everything back together and check the tension of your clutch cable. There should be little to no slack in it. Too bad you started messing with the flower nut. Now you'll have to start from scratch to properly adjust the clutch.

I'll edit this post and give you a link to the proper procedures.

EDIT: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not so, with no pressure plate, clutch should spin freely - either your pads have stuck themselves onto the rear plate or your hub bearing is stuck

first, take the pads out & hope it spins that way - if not you'd better replace whole clutch hub unit as these can be hard to fix, might not last long if fixed, and usually cheap to buy (about $14)

if the motor is new, you might see something stuck in the hub and get it out & working OK, but I just don't trust those once they've failed