Ex MBF member need help tracking a cylinder.

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Well well well, long time no posting,

For the past few months, I have been researching "HIGH AND LOW" for an obscelete part for a 1987 PGO Star 50cc gas scooter. The scooter features a CV50 styled body and engine.

Its look alike is known as the beluga 50cc/Riva 50cc.

The cv50 I have is a pre 85 model, during the years CV 50 had one specific cylinders that was used on a bike known as the HERCULES CITY 50CC.

LONG STORY SHORT I got told by aparilla forum expert that my cylinder is a moped/ gas bicycle cylinder.

If anyone knows a cylinder that looks like this one that is for a motorized bicycle please shoot the link asap.r.ly.
www.apriliaforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=291368&d=1444694235

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That does look like a moped cylinder but I can't tell much about it from just that shot... Can you take more pics of it from the sides and front/back?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah, that is a strange one, but I agree it looks zuma... does it have any casting numbers or marks?
I can't identify it either but you may try mopedarmy.com ... Lots of knowledge there when it comes to stuff like this... there are several articles with pictures of different engine setups so you may see your cylinder over there somewhere... it's also pretty likely if you register and ask someone may know exactly what that originally came off of.
That place is also really good for getting full reviews on the different cylinders available along with port maps and optimal timing parameters for most small moped cylinders etc....

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Yeah, that is a strange one, but I agree it looks zuma... does it have any casting numbers or marks?
I can't identify it either but you may try mopedarmy.com ... Lots of knowledge there when it comes to stuff like this... there are several articles with pictures of different engine setups so you may see your cylinder over there somewhere... it's also pretty likely if you register and ask someone may know exactly what that originally came off of.
That place is also really good for getting full reviews on the different cylinders available along with port maps and optimal timing parameters for most small moped cylinders etc....
Trust me when I say this RARE

KTM KP906 3 HY606023

KTM 3 digets digit = Taiwan

KP= 1989-2000 4th and 5th

9= less then 500 made 6th

0=GVWR 7th

6= engine code =??? Model resembles pw50 cylinder.(not verified correct part as there is a base gasker differance.) 8th

3=CHARACTER CODE. 9th

HY= 1987-2000 10-11th

606023= unique info from manufactures 12-17th.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Scrappydog has the parts

http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/50CC_2-STROKE_PARTS.html

Some cylinders are cast iron & can be bored. Treatland can probably provide pistons for rebore sizes.

I'm on a star those scrappy parts are for the new zuma /jog/relli engines that are newer model. I have a pre 1993 model pw50 out the 80s is as close as it GETs but does not match the case without modifications. The PW external body may also be too big.

Cv50s and 80s cylinders at be the only that may match. As the ports match by eye sight the head and exhaust port looks JUST RIGHT like the external .:-||

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Well, if you are on a star then nobody will ship you parts anyway.

Same as I thought, bad blood on USA and pgo is in Canada pathetic at least there is a high resale value. Probably just one time fix and sell it for $150.00 covered a China 4t.