Predator 212cc Stretch Cruiser - Update to Full Motorcycle

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
After a couple months of endless fun and learning about problems of the frame/bike/engine, and legal issues and the sheer power of the engine, I decided to get a license for the bike as motorcycle and rebuild is as full motorcycle. The pedals made the bike ugly and the frame kept braking about 5 times in total. Here is the original thread from the idea to realization of the bike.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=43358

Now we took the frame apart and rebuild it as bobber style motorcycle with much thicker (inside) tubes and a new frame design. Everything had to be heavy duty to make sure there wont be any problems with a braking frame anymore. So we replaced the bottom tube with 2 tubes and connected it to another new and thicker one coming down from the front. I found a nice moped hub for 12mm bolt and will use a fat 80mm 24" rim for the rear. Here too, the frame have to be customized to fit the really wide wheel and the chain again. This is something that will be done tonight/tomorrow.

To give you a a little preview I will link some pics:

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Today was welding day. We made some more custom parts to reinforce the frame further at the tube for the fork and at the bottom where the 2 tubes meet the main tube.

Also tested bobber seat options because i want it lower and a real bobber style seat.

The seat and metal piece we made for the front:

The seat again closer:

Welding the engine plate in place:

For some parts we used gas and bronze instead of welding:

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
looking great!
Be sure to limit the seat travel somehow to prevent tire (and backside!)damage!
Be sure it is STRONG!
Don't ask me how I know this.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Didnt really had time to post pictures because I spent most of the time rebuilding my Camaro as well, but I finally got the bike running great. Some details like Bobber seat and tank are still missing, but its running like a beast!!!

Just wanted to add a few more pictures to show you guys the result and I also have it for sale now to start a new project. I moved to an area where it literally rains every damn afternoon and I cant really use the motorcycle how I wanted to.

Anyways, enjoy:

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
I hope you are putting folding footpegs on. I oonce had a bike w/ non-folding pegs, had a minor crash. My right leg folded around the non-folding peg. I learned the hard way

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thats just temporarily. I wasnt sure where I will put the real ones because I tested it with a cheetah clutch for the past 2 months and I didnt wanted to have my leg near that thing. For now thats ok although I scratched already a few times the street leaning in good curves haha

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I imported it from Germany but I think they dont produce anymore now. Funny that you post here. I just got the sick 1950' bobber seat welded and installed yesterday and painted the frame today. Tomorrow its supposed to be FINALLY DONE with all that I had planned. I will update some pictures these days.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
OK. This picture is from today. Testing out the original 1950' bobber seat. Also customised to fit the frame. The TC hat to be customised as well. Some parts were broken when I got it and we welded a support in alu to make a longer and more stable jackshaft.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
It looks great Predator but what to you tell the Police when they ask you where the pedals are at? Do you just tell them that you forgot to install them or is it Anything Goes in P.R.? LOL

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Oh gawd, nopeds are accepted in most communities that aren't draconian tattletale societies. Pedals make mopeds faster because you can gear them up, and most police recognize that fact and leave nopeds alone, and admire the craftsmanship.

Looks great 303, bet you're loving the cush forks!

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Oh gawd, nopeds are accepted in most communities that aren't draconian tattletale societies. Pedals make mopeds faster because you can gear them up, and most police recognize that fact and leave nopeds alone, and admire the craftsmanship.

Looks great 303, bet you're loving the cush forks!
The U.S. Federal Government and California calls that a motorcycle, subject to all the jacked up NHTSA/DOT rules and regulations that apply to them.

I'm movin' to P.R.! Home of the free! LOL