Anybody know?

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The who, where, when of this? It's on a site with the name Silverbear attached; is it our Silverbear?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
The who, where, when of this? It's on a site with the name Silverbear attached; is it our Silverbear?

Ludwig, maybe I'm mistaken but this build is from somewhere in Deutschland.

This frame style of Stretch Cruiser Bicycle, I have seen in Germany with the low sweeping rear seat stay / chain stay / and rear dropouts...

I could be wrong, maybe it is our very own forum member Silverbear's build.

I must admit I do like this style of Stretch Cruiser.

C.H.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thats a 98cc Villiers engine like on mine and Silverbrears bikes.

That's would be Silverbear from here. I'm guessing that's a New Zealand go kart website, which is where we met a guy (his name has slipped my mind- its been years since hes been on here) building a twin engined Villiers bike.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Silverbear obviously isn't the builder, but I think I have them a link to the site after seeing a YouTube clip of a guy planning to build a Villiers bike.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I should clarify: the engine is indeed a 98cc Villiers but is a slightly newer model then the "slant head" engine we have.

Also it appears the bike isn't finished but it looks like it is direct drive with no clutch which wouldn't make it very rideable.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
The New Zealand builder of the twin engined Villiers (not the above) that I referred to earlier is CAM NZ just in case you were curious. I bumped his thread over in the DIY section if you are intersted.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I know Silverbear is building a chopper/bobber but I haven't seen any photos of it posted here yet. I might have missed it but I try to keep up with his and Tinsmiths builds.

Whatever, it's looking good. I'd like to see it finished.

Tom

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
This isn't Silverbears bike, It's built by a guy in New Zealand. I was just saying that Silverbear has visited the NZ Go Kart site that this bike is on and somehow his name has been posted to it. That's my guess.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm not sure how I came to be associated with this build, but I do remember liking it very much and asking questions about it. Yes, I think it was when CAM NZ was doing his racer build with two Villiars Midget engines in line and someone posted the photo in question of a bike that I believe was being built in Europe, maybe Germany. It sure has nice, sweeping lines. I wonder if it was ever completed.
SB.