Wildfire?

GoldenMotor.com

ecirnala

Nov 8, 2012
Florida
Well, that's my budget & I'm totally open to suggestions. I like cafe racers, bobbers, & board track racers, & I'd kind of like to go in that direction, but with a modern twist. I really have no idea where to start though. I also want to use quality parts that I shouldn't have to replace in 6 months.

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
I have a Wildfire bike like that. Mine is a 2008 and the number is Wildfire WF-26. I bought mine a couple years ago . It IS a factory built bike. The engine does have VIN numbers stamped in it and it came with a title , which made registering it easy. All the normal china ht parts are the same. The rear wheel uses the 6 bolt disk brake hub to bolt on the drive sprocket instead of a rag joint which is nice. the front disk brake helps too. I paid $200.00 for mine and I've put 6,400 miles on it so far..and a fair bit of tinkering. Overall , It's been a good bike and a lot of fun !

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
It is what it is. I'd lower the seat and ride it to see if I liked the experience. If you really prefer either a chopper or board track frame then what you have does not lend itself to either design and you'd be better off selling your build and getting a different frame to work with. Or if you like the engine and wheels and such, transfer everything to a different frame more to your liking. But first just ride it and have some fun. Maybe you'll decide you don't like it or don't like 2 strokes and want to go four stroke. Give it enough time to know what you really want and while you're riding it and getting familiar with your bike, enjoy cruising around this site where there is a wealth of information and good people to advise you. Good luck!
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I have a Wildfire bike like that. Mine is a 2008 and the number is Wildfire WF-26. I bought mine a couple years ago . It IS a factory built bike. The engine does have VIN numbers stamped in it and it came with a title , which made registering it easy. All the normal china ht parts are the same. The rear wheel uses the 6 bolt disk brake hub to bolt on the drive sprocket instead of a rag joint which is nice. the front disk brake helps too. I paid $200.00 for mine and I've put 6,400 miles on it so far..and a fair bit of tinkering. Overall , It's been a good bike and a lot of fun !
I'd say you did very well investing $200.00 and getting 6400 miles out of it so far! And it's a nice looking bike, too.
SB

ecirnala

Nov 8, 2012
Florida
It is what it is. I'd lower the seat and ride it to see if I liked the experience. If you really prefer either a chopper or board track frame then what you have does not lend itself to either design and you'd be better off selling your build and getting a different frame to work with. Or if you like the engine and wheels and such, transfer everything to a different frame more to your liking. But first just ride it and have some fun. Maybe you'll decide you don't like it or don't like 2 strokes and want to go four stroke. Give it enough time to know what you really want and while you're riding it and getting familiar with your bike, enjoy cruising around this site where there is a wealth of information and good people to advise you. Good luck!
SB
I really hate the chopper thing, but the board track or cafe style is pretty awesome. Why do you say that I can't lower this bike? Couldn't I just add some bent forks & 3 1/2 inch crank? Is there something that I'm overlooking or missing?

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm not saying you can't drop it a little and you can put smaller wheels on it if you want. I had thought you said you preferred a board track or chopper look (my mistake... cafe) and said that I thought you might be better off working with a different frame. Personally I sure don't care what you do. I do know that buying parts can add up in a hurry, so it makes sense to be sure about what you want.
Mostly I was suggesting you see how you like riding the bike as it is... lowering the seat costs nothing... and see if in other ways it suits you. If you hate the engine and aren't crazy about the frame then why throw money at it? You might find that the way it is kind of grows on you and end up liking it. Or not. What's the rush? You asked for opinions and just got mine.
SB

ecirnala

Nov 8, 2012
Florida
I gotcha. I lowered the seat before I left with it & it's still way too high for my taste. I see what you're saying about the wheels, but I'm not sure if it'd be enough for me to be happy. I do enjoy riding the thing like it is, but I would just prefer that it sit a little lower. You said that I may should look into different frames, do you have any suggestions as to any that would be more suited to what I have described? I'm pretty much open to anything & would be more than happy to learn about whatever build styles may be out there & what works best. Thanks

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
A lay back seat post would lower the seat more. You can also lower the handlebars by lowering the goose neck. Could also change the handlebars to something more swept back that lowers your hand and arm positions. Changes in wheels, front fork and frame will start adding up. Why do you want it lower, for the different look or for your own comfort?
If you are a short rider then a 24" frame and wheels might be a good choice.
SB

ecirnala

Nov 8, 2012
Florida
Both reasons really. I'm 5' 11" & can manage the height, but I'd like to be able to stand flat footed while sitting relaxed (while stopped) on the bike. I also think that it would look better than what it does now if it were lowered. Do you have any ideas for a good set of bent forks & crank?