Rubber mount

GoldenMotor.com

superhawk

Sep 14, 2008
"SmokerX" the skate board bushings seems like a good idea, post pics. when it's set up.
"Norman" it's been cold and we just got out of a Christmas snow storm, I tried to do some work in my garage,but only lasted one hour. A tuned pipe is on the horizon, but what is a " hood skin"?I modified a pocket bike pipe for my rack mounted bicycle by adding 2 1/2" in the mid section(supposed to get better power) and removing a small section of exhaust pipe that protrudes into the forward cone I haven't tested it yet due to this crappy weather.If it works well,then this will be a model to fallow.
BTW, here's our "father and son" project going on, this is a big bike build.Cheers.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

superhawk

Sep 14, 2008
Finally the weather is good enough to test the rubber mount build and glad to report that the mounts work really well. There is some vibration in the pedals but only at high speed, I can see the motor shaking around at part throttle but smooths out at load.There is almost no vibration at the handle bars. The gearing is way too low as I can pull away from a standstill with the clutch and seems to want to go faster but revs are too high.I will probably change the rear sprocket to a 36?
Also the brass petcock is next to useless as fuel flow is a small dribble.I took apart the petcock and the fuel passages are way too small.Cheers.

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
WOW, i bet a lot of people would be interested in these mounts, i for sure am one of those people :D

edit: well, its 2.45am and i'm just finishing up a rubber mount for the 66cc engine i have. will take pics tomorrow :D

Last edited:
"SmokerX" the skate board bushings seems like a good idea, post pics. when it's set up.
"Norman" it's been cold and we just got out of a Christmas snow storm, I tried to do some work in my garage,but only lasted one hour. A tuned pipe is on the horizon, but what is a " hood shin"?I modified a pocket bike pipe for my rack mounted bicycle by adding 2 1/2" in the mid section(supposed to get better power) and removing a small section of exhaust pipe that protrudes into the forward cone I haven't tested it yet due to this crappy weather.If it works well,then this will be a model to fallow.
BTW, here's our "father and son" project going on, this is a big bike build.Cheers.
HAHAHA!!! That picture of the motorcycle frame is AWESOME!! What is the plan for that frame?

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
i put rubber mounts on my old build and well the engine torques so much it stripped out the bolt holes and needed helicoil inserts :(

was an awesome engine that done 60.2km/h on a 44t sprocket. So i'm against rubber mounts.

I believe instead of rubber mounts we need to get these engine cranks ect: balanced so they don't vibrate like crazy and shear bolts.

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
awesome work but I think I agree with you that's one heavy duty mounting system. I just got my kit running but I think that I'm gonna have to make it better b/c the mounts are crap. I had a flat the second day I rode it This kit needs better tires to be used on the bike (i.e. More clearance from the ground) Better mounts like you did or something more stable than 6MM. Also to over rule the whole side to side motor clearance issue have the exhaust just slightly twisted inward and also drill out the flange to slightly larger holes and the exhaust can jump in just alittle more (that's where I'm @ no twist bend) I got it to clear with just the bigger flange holes. And lastly take the Stator and resolder every spot/make better hot connection (yep I'm running that crappy qq spark plug but regapped).

I had an idea just using 1/4 steel plate and have a flush mountable portion that then makes a bend for then an INCH" or 3/4" distance between the two plate portions. A tension (think leaf spring action kinda) mount made of just a bend, then the offset part away from the frame has a motor mounting spot with rubber to snuggly fit the motor. I am turning this idea over in my head for front and back mounting of the motor.

cheers to all
cvlt1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I had an idea just using 1/4 steel plate and have a flush mountable portion that then makes a bend for then an INCH" or 3/4" distance between the two plate portions. A tension (think leaf spring action kinda) mount made of just a bend, then the offset part away from the frame has a motor mounting spot with rubber to snuggly fit the motor. I am turning this idea over in my head for front and back mounting of the motor.

cheers to all
cvlt1
DON"T MOUNT IT IN RUBBER!!!. It isn't a big block Chevy, a BMW or a Honda. Listen to the people with experience here and do some research. Mount the engine as solid to the frame as you can make it. You will NOT eliminate the source of the vibration but only transfer it to the engine mounting fasteneres. Those will eventually fail.
Tom

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
thats correct they will get lose and I have seen the effects of the road wear. And I don't have exactly the best means to post a figure diagram picture of the idea for a mount. But the rubber used is more thinner than your thinking and I intend to use. The main point is the bend and the direction it faces. The crank being balanced or not plays a factor as well. Fore and aft is the only thing it possibly if any movement but a spring like tension from a spring loaded plate with the bends pointing downward not upward or it may work with them upward better. My point for using rubber/silicone would just to make it solid stuck in place.

It's an Idea that's all

Cheers Happy Holidays All,
brnot