anyone use this frame?

GoldenMotor.com

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I have only built one bike in this little hobby, but this happens to be the bicycle I motorized. What I can say about it is it has PLENTY of room for an engine (I have a 2 smoke on mine, but the frame can fit alot more), the bike itself looks very sharp and rides very well. The only issues Ive had is the fender mounts on the top of the fenders going to the frame that are riveted to the fender broke. Not at the rivets but directly in half of the piece that you put the screw through to attach to the frame. Also the weld for the peddle chain gaurd broke so Ive had to remove that also. Even with these issues I am very happy with how the bike has been to me, the engine thats another story but it is a 2 stroke. I have pics of my build on my profile, the before and after the fender and gaurd removals. I did repack the axle with plenty of grease because reading something about it here. I give the bike a thumbs up and would gladly do this one over again. My next build however is going to be a little different. I want to build a Felt with a sealed top tube tank. Ive seen a couple and when I was putting my Micargi together initially the though crossed my mind. Im also going to make it a 4 stroke not only because the 2 stroke has been a little problematic for me and I would like a little more reliability, but it also looks as if the 2 stroke's days are numbered. Anyhow Im rambling now so I will stop, hope this has at least been a little informative for you. Oh just an FYI, I have put about 500 miles on my bike.
.xx.