Let Her Breathe ! or, I shoulda done this 11,000 miles ago !

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
after 11,000 miles on my stretch,
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/azbills-ezm-stretch-project-14760.html
I decided the old girl deserved a treat

I got a new 4stroke air filter from Sick Bike Parts
(shipped amazingly fast, thanks guys !!!)

and a flex exhaust from Quenton Guenther (the pres of EZM,,,also shipped very quickly)

the filter looks great, much less 'lawnmowerish', and the engine can be heard sucking, through it's much improved air flow !!!

the exhaust looks really nice too, and the sound on backing off the throttle reminds me of headers on a V8

but the big power increase was surprising, I can go up some hills that used to slow me down with no loss of speed at all, and only a couple of mph slower on the longer, steeper ones

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Re: Let Her breath ! or, I shoulda done this 11,000 miles ago !

GREAT news Bill!
Sounds like it's running much more efficiently now.

Do you really have 11k miles on the bike?
...excellent!

Best
rc

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I've been enjoying the new air filter for a while now Bill, and after a small adjustment to the carb, it has been quite a difference! I also gutted my standard exhaust.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
the exhaust is mounted to a stub from an old 2smoke exhaust, a seatpost clamp holds her tight

I also had my exhaust gutted (all innards were gone up to the endcap)

I ran just the new filter for about 50 miles to see the difference before installing the pipe and opened my air/fuel mixture about 1/4 turn,,,after doing the exhaust, I opened her up a little over 1 full turn

I am amazed at the difference in this little engine, it is like a new bike to me all over again !!! (^)

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
after 11,000 miles on my stretch,
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/azbills-ezm-stretch-project-14760.html
I decided the old girl deserved a treat

I got a new 4stroke air filter from Sick Bike Parts
(shipped amazingly fast, thanks guys !!!)

and a flex exhaust from Quenton Guenther (the pres of EZM,,,also shipped very quickly)

the filter looks great, much less 'lawnmowerish', and the engine can be heard sucking, through it's much improved air flow !!!

the exhaust looks really nice too, and the sound on backing off the throttle reminds me of headers on a V8

but the big power increase was surprising, I can go up some hills that used to slow me down with no loss of speed at all, and only a couple of mph slower on the longer, steeper ones

Bill,yes it is amazing what these two little mods do.I have a velocity stack from AGK I put on a few years ago and a homemade flex pipe was added late last year.Your bike looks great.