Here is my hybrid of a stretched desert runner

GoldenMotor.com

MxG

Dec 28, 2009
long beach , CA
You beat me to this bike !! Lol love that tank u put on it looks good ! I have the same frame I just re started working on it see how far I get !

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
SOOOOO COOL :D I don't have more to say than that, the final action shot is my favorite, looks vintage :) Happy riding, you're lucky you aren't in rainy CT...

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
thats cool as heck man...no doubt my 6' 4" 220lb big a$$ would be dragging skin and metal...great pictures of it too... cool background

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
Where were the first pictures taken at??? Awesome bike all the way around!!!
Thanks Everyone! the first photo shoot was done in terminal island at an abandon naval yard. I was originally going to shoot at my common abandon fish canery spot but they happen to tear it down. i drove around for a bit, found that naval location under construction. It was all gated off but their was a little trailer office where i walked in and found the construction manager! I asked if its possible to take a few photos somewhere inside and he mentioned he is really not supposed to let me in or near the place but saw the bike and thought it was a neat project! Plus I got lucky cause the guy was on his lunch break too! He made me sign in, gave me a hard hat and an orange vest and loaded my bike in the back of his truck, drove me around and showed me some neat locations where they filmed a couple movies too. I have no real camera, all were taken with my cell phone laff

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
just a little update on the bike, after the big race at willow springs, thought i might upgrade for some speed and needed to do some welding, the whole seat tube was craked in half were the motor is attached to. i dont know how my engine barely hung on the whole time.

got a good deal on new honda gx200 but i thought about it and figured that i will just sit on it for another project and let this 2 stroke blow first. plus i dont think i will have enough time to have it ready by the next race in oct in apple valley!

i had the carb tuned and when i got home, the thing was getting my past 35mph nice and smooth! but out there at willow springs, it ran like crap! plus my exhaust broke during the first race which i think made things worse! Norm also told me about changing the jet to something smaller so i figured ill do that at the next race! my carb runs rich even though its fully leaned out so that should also help! throwing a whole new seat post in. my rims are getting reworked with new hubs as my previous hubs were POS and i think that played a major factor in my consistancy with speed cause they were surely blown! im having the front hub installed with a disc brake setup too so i dont have to worry about relying soley on a coaster brake. getting my exhaust redone.....hope i can have it all set for the next race! if there is enough time to spare, i might throw a paint job at it too dance1

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Nice build there BP. I love em low and long. Reminds me of some of them suicide sickles I built and rode some 30 years ago. Just remember these 3 things while riding it. 1st) they can be dangerous even without others. 2nd) SLOW, WIDE TURNS lol. 3rd) Im only the coolest looking bike on the block as long as my a$$ doesnt meet the pavement. Ride safe!! I have a drawing on how to build a straight pipe for a 2 smoker with a exspansion chamber hidden in it so itll keep that look that you wanted. Again really nice build, Richard