Occ Chopper Confusion

GoldenMotor.com

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Im really interested in building a occ chopper bike since reading about them here and seeing them on youtube,heck i even bought a mount for one already and dont even have a bike.What an idiot. My buddy got one at a rummage sale and after sitting on it today i dont know if it for me or not. Its pretty small and Id have to alternate my knees as to which way i was turning so i wouldnt hit them..It has the 20 rear and 24 front size tires. I could have sworn my sons friend had one that was a 26 front wheel cause it looked kinda strange with such a difference in tire heights. Ive seen the one xl that crazy horse has and ive researched the internet and the occ xl ive seen on there was different than crazy horses. I love the look of that back tire. Chopper usa sells a 24 x 4 wheel that i think would look crazy cool on there frame but havent seen a picture of complete bike and its expensive as all get out. Could you guys with the occ bikes give pics and dimensions of bikes please.. Heck ive got 3 other bikes im doing the last thing i need is another project but i cant get that huge back wheel off my mind. It makes the 24x3 tire on my mooneyes and ratfink chopper bike projects look like rubber bands. .shft.

Last edited:

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
The Schwinn OCC was not as difficult of a build as I had thought. Bike Berry's motor mount and long exhaust are worth the purchase. This is a low/small bike. To compensate for size on mine I installed higher handlebars and used a lay back seat post and a large coil cushioned seat. This required reducing the seat post size to one inch first with bike shop reducers. Now the ride is comfortable. Good luck with your build!

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Im really interested in building a occ chopper bike since reading about them here and seeing them on youtube,heck i even bought a mount for one already and dont even have a bike.What an idiot. My buddy got one at a rummage sale and after sitting on it today i dont know if it for me or not. Its pretty small and Id have to alternate my knees as to which way i was turning so i wouldnt hit them..It has the 20 rear and 24 front size tires. I could have sworn my sons friend had one that was a 26 front wheel cause it looked kinda strange with such a difference in tire heights. Ive seen the one xl that crazy horse has and ive researched the internet and the occ xl ive seen on there was different than crazy horses. I love the look of that back tire. Chopper usa sells a 24 x 4 wheel that i think would look crazy cool on there frame but havent seen a picture of complete bike and its expensive as all get out. Could you guys with the occ bikes give pics and dimensions of bikes please.. Heck ive got 3 other bikes im doing the last thing i need is another project but i cant get that huge back wheel off my mind. It makes the 24x3 tire on my mooneyes and ratfink chopper bike projects look like rubber band. .shft.
insomniacshotrods, i appreciate your taste in building a OCC or XL ( extra large ) Chopper, you should know by now anyone who is taller than 5'-7" needs an XL Chopper.

I think you should persevere and keep searching the net, newspapers, fleabay, crugslist, etc...etc...you will find a XL Chopper for your build. I know some of these choppers have frames that are designed differently, just remember that the XL Choppers will have a wheelbase of 59-inches thats the exact measurement for my XL Chopper, depending on the type of forks used. The OCC Stingray Chopper Regular version is 51" axle to axle could be an inch more or less in length with type of forks used.

I've started a thread: companies selling stretch cruisers & chopper bicycles, it has been slow to get many replys but with time I'm sure more builders will share information about companies selling these bicycles.

Peace Crazy Horse.

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Thanks for replies gentlemen, both your bikes are sweet. Crazy Horse what size tires do you have? The tread pattern matches that of the 24 inch size tire that chopper usa sells but cant tell what it is in size. I looked at the website xyzbikes or something like that and thet where sold out of the xl for 88 bucks or i would have bought one for sure. Would a 66cc motor look too small in the xl frame? Anyone seen any photos with one? Thanks again guys for the info