OCC-Stingray Chopr 110cc Lifan 4-Stroke

GoldenMotor.com

EDWEIRD

Dec 5, 2010
SC
i like your build crazy horse. i like what can be done with the occ bike. why doesnt anybody modify the botttom of the frame to get it lower to the ground ?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
i like your build crazy horse. i like what can be done with the occ bike. why doesnt anybody modify the botttom of the frame to get it lower to the ground ?
I guess EDWEIRD, it's all up to builder preference. If you can fabricate you can do almost anything, with these bikes & engines.

These engines are 49cc 4-stroke fully automatic, or semi-automatic, or full manual clutch, and up to 192cc.

Pictured below is the 175cc engine 20+ horse power:

See what I'm saying you can really upgrade these four strokes, just like a race ready Dirt Bike / Pit Bike!

This motor would be suicide on a bicycle unless it was custom made to handle that amount of HP!!!

Peace Crazy Horse..shft.

Bigbrag

May 22, 2011
Montana
Sorry to bring back an old thread. I picked up an occ stingray for $40 bucks today and have always dreamed of doing a honda clone engine like the ones your using. The bike is a little small though and its much harder to find parts for it now. Not sure if I should scrap the stingray and keep looking or go ahead with it. How did your's every turn out crazyhorse? Thanks.

BigE

Nov 5, 2011
Hohenwald, TN. USA
I'd like to know too. I just picked up a Lifan 4 stroke 49cc with the 4 speed trans that came off a chinese 4 wheeler for $50.00 and I have a couple more OCC's and I'd like to put it on one. Do you got more pictures Crazyhourse ?

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
These engines are ideal although they don't really fit into racing or street regs but for a practical get around bike in hilly terrain they're awesome! On a really stylish chopper with a ped plate I doubt you'd get any crap if you ride within the law. Solid mounting is important on big motors with lots of torque, that's what's held me back from mounting the ktm clone engine in my chopper since being at school has made getting around to welding some worry free mounts delayed. I want to build a couple different style bike with these engines, there's even ways to boost them and make 20+ hp. Of course at that point it's worthwhile to get a M1 learner's cert and register the bike as a custom. I see a huge resurgence of small displacement motorcycles because of $5 gas and the new engine technology that makes these little engines so power dense. Insuring a sub 250cc bike would be cheap too, especially if added on to an existing policy.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I'd like to know too. I just picked up a Lifan 4 stroke 49cc with the 4 speed trans that came off a chinese 4 wheeler for $50.00 and I have a couple more OCC's and I'd like to put it on one. Do you got more pictures Crazyhourse ?
Let me know what I can do to help you with your build BigE?

C.H.

davidstipek

Jan 25, 2013
chiangmai, Thailand
Crazy Horse

after you cut out seat tube what did you do to sport center of Bike so frame not bend?

Just a thought... a 2 up Harley Sportster seat would look cool here as well as a sportster small stock tank!!

I used a Yamaha 2T engine semi auto because I had. Wish I had a 4T for exhaust noise! Allthough 2T is quicker (High Rev's) I don't use just keep trying to deepen the tone from a wing.....ding..ding to a wawg.....waw..woon :) get the picture?? :)

David (Thailand)

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
David, the best suggestion I can offer you is this.

Remove the bottom tube also and weld in a rectangular steel tubing I recommend 11 gauge steel 1-inch by 4-inch. then you can add a flat steel plate ( aka ) also known as a skid plate. see pic:

Skid Plate:

If you are using a Honda Mini Trail 50 or the cloned version of this engine, you'll know that the four ( 4 ) bolt holes on the bottom of this type engine can be bolted to your skid plate, and the the skid plate can be bolted or welded to the square / rectangular bottom tube. see pic:

Rectangular Steel Tubing for new bottom tube:

When you cut the new rectangular steel bottom tube, make sure you leave a notch of steel at both ends for added strength under bottom bracket and at rear triangle to strengthen the rear triangle.

Don't take a chance the rear triangle welds could snap under stress with this type of engine so definitely add a little tab under the rear triangle.

When you've completed your welding of the new rectangular bottom tube, your frame will look similar this square or rectangular bottom tube frame below. Hope this helps!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Joe....
Do you have any pics of the pedal side chainline routing on the finished bike?
The only pic's of this build that I saved were here on my photobucket album titled OCC Stingray Build:
Link below:
http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae265/ICrazyhorse/Crazyhorse Occ Stingray Build/

davidstipek

Jan 25, 2013
chiangmai, Thailand
CH

We have a LIfan Factory here in Thailand. I have sent Email to connect with their Sales Department. I am wanting a source of 4T Engines here as replacements to phase out our usage of 2T power. This would mean not worrying about tank plcement and if above carb and if oil pump/injection was working etc.

I will forward and information I receive in the next few days (Chinese New Year is next week so could be a delay in their answers.)

I attached My Business Card with all contact info about me. (Yes that is a real Bicycle, removable seat to keep freeloaders from squatting on it) gear box is under seat area - 6 speed and useable in pedaling mode. Tires are rear 2.75x18 and front 2.25x18. It has 250cc LIfan power .trk

But when I get connected with them I will set up something to offer Good prices to members. I am Basicly retired and oversee our Custom shop here, so I have plenty of time to play.

We have what you would call Dream Teams... I you can picure in your Mind what you want something to look like... They can do it! I hate to say it but my best Frame benders and Leads on every Team are Ladies. More exact in how something is done and cleaner work areas are maintained!.cs..mbv.

David
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Attachments