Handle bars

GoldenMotor.com

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
hey guys, new to the forum.

i currently started my boardtrack project( 53 schwinn bf goodrich) ill post pictures when i can.

anyway, my question is what style handle bars are you running on your boardtracker?? im having trouble deciding which bars i wanna run. pics and suggestions are welcome :)

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Those look like Wald cruiser bars. Pretty pricey, though at around $11. Try Husky Industrial bikes under the parts section.
Handlebars & Grips: Husky Bicycles
While your there you can score a set of the heavy duty black annodized wheels for around $100 a set. They have chrome steel wheels also and are perfect for a motor bike build. Here is the rear wheel WHEEL 26x1.75 REAR with COASTER BRAKE, for HD-105: Husky Bicycles
and here is the front wheel WHEEL 26x1.75 front, 105-g spokes, for HD-105: Husky Bicycles
And I just learned how easy it is to create a link. Cool.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
I'm not a big fan of standard bars upside down. To each their own, but original board trackers had a single bend on each side, not a "down and back." I made some out of pipe, but the neat thing about these bikes is doing what you want to do. I really like what you've done with the frame.

Attachments

Last edited:

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm not a big fan of standard bars upside down. To each their own, but original board trackers had a single bend on each side, not a "down and back." I made some out of pipe, but the neat thing about these bikes is doing what you want to do. I really like what you've done with the fram.
thats what im looking for! i was curious if there were ANY companys making them, or if i should just bite the bullet and make my own

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
And the first thing everyone asks is "why are your handle bars upside down"? 99% of the population out there has no idea what a board track racer is and the ones that do know will also know you have cruiser bars flipped up side down, but at $11 you'll be the one with the smile on your face. Nice bike by the way. Keep us posted on the build.