Chinese RT carb on a briggs flattie

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The manifold simply needed the holes opened up one size and the manifold and carb from a HT fit's the briggs 5hp perfectly.

I've long used slide carbs for better throttle response and power from briggs engines. I'm hoping the RT will work as good as the old XR75 honda carbs I used back in my racing days...

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
The manifold simply needed the holes opened up one size and the manifold and carb from a HT fit's the briggs 5hp perfectly.

I've long used slide carbs for better throttle response and power from briggs engines. I'm hoping the RT will work as good as the old XR75 honda carbs I used back in my racing days...
Looks good, should run better when its dialed in. Any real carb is better than what most 4 strokes come with :).

Just a suggestion: maybe try a shorty intake with the 40mm spacing; if it's compatible it should give a boost in mid-range to top end power and you'll have better carb clearance. .wee.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Nt, Rt, whatever the stock engine kits come with.
Still not started due to needing a ignition module to get it sparking.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Messing with the idea of a stretch four-stroke/jackshaft build.
I love the sound of a flattie with a straight pipe....
Maybe something with BIG wheels...Dracothered has me thinking crazy stuff with his bizzaro AMF build.
Not sure yet. The idea is still percolating.
Once I get the flathead started, I'll think more about it.