In need of a sprocket..

GoldenMotor.com

conradcliff

Oct 10, 2008
Tampa, Fla.
Ok, maybe I'm just getting too tired, but I've been racking my brain trying to find a 10 tooth 5/8" bore sprocket that will be compatible with my bicycle chain rings. I searched and searched and then realized that they sell them at SBP but, and no offense to the guys at SBP as they have been very helpful, if I get charged the $10 shipping the price tag of nearly $30 is going to feel a bit steep for me. I emailed Pablo to see if I can even get a 10 tooth from him since it isn't actually listed as a sale item on the site.. I think he will as he sold me the freewheel crank setup which isn't listed either.
As best as I can figure out, it is a #415 sprocket that I need..but I'm really not sure because I can't seem to find exacting specifications for #415 chains so I don't actually know if that is the same chain that is used on a mountain bike. I do know for sure however that the mountain bike chain has 3/32" roller width and a 1/2" pitch.

Does anybody know where I can get a cheap and compatible sprocket from?

conradcliff

Oct 10, 2008
Tampa, Fla.
Here is a link that gives lots of information about chain and sprocket dimensions.
Notes on Sprockets and Chains
But to answer your question I am pretty sure that we are the only ones that have a sprocket for a 5/8 shaft that fits a bicycle chain.
Haha! I book marked that sight last night in my futile searching till 5am..I'm pretty sure you're right about being the only ones that have it. I searched literally hundreds of sights.bf.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
And so did we when we were sourcing parts for the Shift Kit. That is why people soon realize that the price of our kits is pretty reasonable since these parts are custom made and you simply cannot buy them.