Motor Assisted Bicycle kit sprockets on a motorcycle wheel

GoldenMotor.com
Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
Hey guys,

I put out my bike out for sale and someone asked to trade his pedal bike for my motorized bicycle.

It seemed like a nice bike, so I wouldn't mind trading my 400 dollar build.
But I have no idea on how to mount sprockets so I went to a local motored bike dealer/repair shop and asked if motorizing this bike would be possible. He said unless I want to spend a lot of money it'd be impossible.

Any advices on sprocket mounting?

would be nice if there's some sort of a bolt on kit for this since I don't have an access to a saw or a welder

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is that an alloy rim? How did the original builder attach the pedal chain to it? Does it have provisions for a dsc brake rotor on the left side?

It would be a challenge but it could be motorized but it's going to take some custom fabrication. If you don't have the tools or skills that will make it harder, for sure.
Good luck and let us know what you do with that interesting bike.

Tom

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
does it at least pedal moderately easy? Id like to see a closeup of both sides of the rear wheel.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Like racie35 said, we need better photos of the rear wheel and hub to give you any ideas about mounting a sprocket. Can you contact the owner and ask him to provide you with them?

I will tell you that engine mounts will need to be fabricated and that usually means some welding. What engine are you considering for this bike?
Tom

Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
Like racie35 said, we need better photos of the rear wheel and hub to give you any ideas about mounting a sprocket. Can you contact the owner and ask him to provide you with them?

I will tell you that engine mounts will need to be fabricated and that usually means some welding. What engine are you considering for this bike?
Tom

I'm thinking about 49cc chinese engine since they seemed to be the lowest maintenance.
MAYBE a ktm clone but most likely not.

Ill see if I can get more pics

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
I'm thinking about 49cc chinese engine since they seemed to be the lowest maintenance.
MAYBE a ktm clone but most likely not.

Ill see if I can get more pics
HI,

Hmmm 2 stroke Chinese engine Kit and Lowest Maintenance in the SAME sentence?.....I didn't think THAT was possible! HA (Sorry I really couldn't resist ;-O)

Anyways, If you get some extra pics maybe our collective brain power can get something figured out...There probably is a way to get done.

Andrew