Throttle limiter?

GoldenMotor.com

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I may have to add a throttle limiter to keep to my bike under 30mph for the DMV to certify it. It may even be 25. Anyways as soon as they sign off on my bike it all that bidnis is getting tossed. Any ideas welcome, nothing permanent.

Also is there a chance I could get a sticker to put over the model-indentifier to say it's a smaller engine? it's the metal plate, oval shaped, riveted into the motor.

Live in CA.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I may have to add a throttle limiter to keep to my bike under 30mph for the DMV to certify it. It may even be 25. Anyways as soon as they sign off on my bike it all that bidnis is getting tossed. Any ideas welcome, nothing permanent.

Also is there a chance I could get a sticker to put over the model-indentifier to say it's a smaller engine? it's the metal plate, oval shaped, riveted into the motor.

Live in CA.
Da DMV does NOT certify and sign off on motorized bikes.
Dunno where you got that idea.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The engine ID plate can be pried loose with a flathead screwdriver, and the other stickers can be peeled off. Any pieces of sticker that wont come off on their own can be sprayed with wd40 or generic equivalent, and left to sit for a few minutes, then peeled off.

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I used mineral spirits. Worked better than Anything I have ever tried to get that ugly eagle sticker off. I wanted to get a 'Support Zombies' sticker for my next car but I guess it'll have to go on the clutch cover.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
There is no need for removing any sort of sticker or metal plaque from your engine.
Do not take your bike to the DMV. They won't know what to do about it and most likely mis-steer you into some sort of moped registration which is not what you need or want.

**** They do not know anything about Motorized bicycles. ****

It is really simple to get your plate. Do as MotorBicycleRacing suggested and you will be happy in no time.. well about 2 weeks. That's how long it took for my plate to arrive at my doorstep in the mail.