Flat downtube?

GoldenMotor.com

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I couldn't find any posts on it. The bike I want to put the motor on has a flattish downtube. The sides are curved normally but is more flat where the motor would mount to. Any suggestions? I was going to use a U bolt if you think that that will still work fine.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
I couldn't find any posts on it. The bike I want to put the motor on has a flattish downtube. The sides are curved normally but is more flat where the motor would mount to. Any suggestions? I was going to use a U bolt if you think that that will still work fine.

that might work with a sbp universal mount...if you can rest it on one of your bottle mounts so it does't slide down the tube.or maybe you could make a ez stop to scew into the bottle mount...i think it'l work if you can keep the mount from moving down.make sence?

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I may give it a shot. Might sell this bike though. Hopefully get a Trek 820 in the future. Round tubes, steel frame, great quality, perfect! Probably will be my future build using the dax titan 2 stroke, shift kit, expansion chamber, ect.. For the summer :D Does anyone else fantasize about building things sometimes?