Black Chopper project

GoldenMotor.com

bronco315

Aug 12, 2009
Northern AZ
This is my first project. I started with a Micargi Prado Deluxe, which is not intended for a kit like this. I had to add the bar for the front motor mount. Then I ran into all kinds of interesting problems. I used the idler pully that came with the kit on the bicycle chain instead of the motor. I had to fab a spacer for the rear sprocket b/c of the 3" rear tire, I have a couple calls into Manic Mechanic for one of his custom sprockets, hopefully we can make another tested kit for him to offer. I also put an expansion chamber exhaust on. After my first couple tuning test rides I found the need to put a disk brake set up in the front. I also custom made the suspension seat using the spring off a little kids suspension bike, little 10" tonka bike. Top it off with a harley sportster peanut tank and a custom kickstand and there you have it. Im sure I will be upgrading in the near future so I will keep you posted! Opinions and suggestions are always welcome...

Attachments

bronco315

Aug 12, 2009
Northern AZ
Thanks for the heads up. I thought i had put a full shot up but here ya go. like I said this is my first build so Im workin with a learning curve. I started my build before I found thin site so I've had to do some back tracking.usflg

Attachments

robertgibbs

Mar 1, 2010
oklahoma city oklahoma
This is my first project. I started with a Micargi Prado Deluxe, which is not intended for a kit like this. I had to add the bar for the front motor mount. Then I ran into all kinds of interesting problems. I used the idler pully that came with the kit on the bicycle chain instead of the motor. I had to fab a spacer for the rear sprocket b/c of the 3" rear tire, I have a couple calls into Manic Mechanic for one of his custom sprockets, hopefully we can make another tested kit for him to offer. I also put an expansion chamber exhaust on. After my first couple tuning test rides I found the need to put a disk brake set up in the front. I also custom made the suspension seat using the spring off a little kids suspension bike, little 10" tonka bike. Top it off with a harley sportster peanut tank and a custom kickstand and there you have it. Im sure I will be upgrading in the near future so I will keep you posted! Opinions and suggestions are always welcome...

could you show a pic of the adapter for the rear wheel i have the same bike but i had to change the wheel, and how about the engine mounting with the wide back wheel please inform me robertgibbs

Attachments

Last edited:

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
me personally , i think those schwinn stingray seats are the ugliest things going .
BUT i really like the way you added in the suspension to it . nice mod .

as for the tank , it works out real good on your bike .
that ( even being a peanut ) tank looks way too big on many shorter wheelbase bikes .
but your bike is long enough to keep the proportions evened out .

nice job

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I also have a prado deluxe.right now its just a frame and forks.the plan is to get a welding machine sometime in the next year and weld another bar in to make a v frame.yours is very similar to my idea of what i am planning.that tank is nice.