if you could only run 1 oil forever ...... ?

GoldenMotor.com

if you had to use only one oil forever what would it be?

• red line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • motul

• ipone

• lucas

• royal purple

• Total voters

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
That's easy, the synth guys run Opti & Amsoil @ 50-100:1 and the dino guys run a seeming random assortment of all kinds of stuff, usually @ 32:1 & sometimes tinged with castor bean juice...

You'll get no clear conclusion on this one lol

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
That's easy, the synth guys run Opti & Amsoil @ 50-100:1 and the dino guys run a seeming random assortment of all kinds of stuff, usually @ 32:1 & sometimes tinged with castor bean juice...

You'll get no clear conclusion on this one lol
lol i know its going to be all over the place, but i just wanted to see the actual outcome over time ... who runs what at what ratio and why ? and i would also like to see what the top oil is over time and right now, i am leaning towrds close call between opti 2 and amsoil.... although most of the oils i mentioned are verry good i just wonder why more people are not running lucas oi with its mix of natural oil and synthetic or royal purple, i would even like to hear peoples results with the sented ipone suff... how does that work ? i hear lots of racers run it in mopeds most of all i am interested in the red line brand ... never heard of it before but it seems to be poular

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
cheap walmart oil at 32:1 - running it 3 years now with no problems and no unneeded expense

slayer60973

Dec 24, 2012
West Michigan
I'd like to run maxima 927 castor but they said seperation may occur below 30 somethin degrees, it's 17 with a wind chill of 2 here in west Michigan. I'm probably gonna run rebranded opti 2 (us2) cause it's at my local Meier in the lawn n garden section. At 70:1

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I run Amsoil racing Dominator and 32 to 1 and with the Fred Twin Plug Heads I've pulled both plugs and the shined a flashlight and I could see my SHINee pistons with no carbon deposits because of the synthetics. AMSOIL stands for America's Most Synthetic OIL.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
What gives? Are two strokes riders the only ones using oil in there engines? Four strokes don't mix but they still need oil. What oil are the four stroke members using?

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
I run an oil with an industry compliance with TC-W3. It's too bad that an article I wanted to up load is abit to big. I'll be happy to forward to anyone offering their PM.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
huffydavidson i am thiking of switching out to a single oil and buying it in bulk, i think a case of amsoil dominator would be worth it.