Who makes this bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I just bought this bike at a yard sale I wanted it for the disc brakes alone so I paid the asking price considering it was much lower than any set of disc bakes i've seen anyplace I just cant figure out who makes this bike the serial numbers are KT50102709. I use to be able to tell a bikes make brand and year from a mile away but not anymore Thanks
~Jump

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Wish I could help you out on this bro but I dont have a clue, if you got the bike for a good deal, thats good because it looks like you have some nice parts there.

Map
reddd

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
those are close but everythings leaning to specialized component wise
RPM 3 piece crank , Mobius Stem , Shimano Tiagra rear derail., Techpro Aquilla calipers ,
There is this extra weld on the bottom of the gooseneck, What company does this?

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I took some better pictures, hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in and identify this bike for sure I'm leaning toward a "Specialized" but would like to know for sure. I ran the serial number against the stolen bikes registry and nothing popped up or even close.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
then again I don't think it is a Specialized because it lacks that immediate bend in the down tube as soon as it comes out of the head tube. I do not think it is an KHS as it doesn't have many if any of the components they use or used , also the fame seems to be constructed different than any of theirs I've looked at. I went back and asked the guy that had the yard sale if he had any info or literature on the bike and he said "His daughters ex husband bought it and he paid well over $700 bucks for it"

That's the only info he had which was nice to hear. I want a bigger motor for it. I know it can handle something a bit larger than the basic "china girl" or the like there of ...
Perhaps my first 4 stroke'a ? I.D.K.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
You know I went to the web site "mtbr" and asked the same question with a few pictures and here are a few answers I got ..keep in mind I was nothing but respectful in every way ..and Ive been a registered member for 2 years there as well .
When I asked if any one knew "Who makes this bike " and what decals belong on it "? This are a few replies I got

"wv_bob repiles"
I think you may find that you've already spent more time on it than it's worth."

"rideit replies"
"Go ahead and put whatever pig lipstick you want, it won't matter to anyone but you!
Have you considered a Tonka decal set?"

"Zowie says"
"I'm going to take the high road, and just answer the question.
Chinese people made that bike."

Now is it me or are these guys stuck up lil Bithes

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
allen standley,

Thank you sir, for taking the time to actually look into it , I greatly appreciate that my friend!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You know I went to the web site "mtbr" and asked the same question with a few pictures and here are a few answers I got ..keep in mind I was nothing but respectful in every way ..and Ive been a registered member for 2 years there as well .
When I asked if any one knew "Who makes this bike " and what decals belong on it "? This are a few replies I got

"wv_bob repiles"
I think you may find that you've already spent more time on it than it's worth."

"rideit replies"
"Go ahead and put whatever pig lipstick you want, it won't matter to anyone but you!
Have you considered a Tonka decal set?"

"Zowie says"
"I'm going to take the high road, and just answer the question.
Chinese people made that bike."

Now is it me or are these guys stuck up lil Bithes

This forum right here (motorbicycling.com) is by far the better, from what I have seen the idiots that were once here that ended up getting banned for there constant personal attacks on others and a few other things I'm sure went straight over to the other forum and have been allowed to act like jerks.

I'm so thankful that our managers of this excellent forum have always been quick to nip that kinda stuff in the bud, we have a great forum because of it and most people here that have been here a while are always quick to lend a hand and do there best to answer questions and give advice that they fell will help solve a problem, some people think its cute to always have a smart remark about what people say, and a colorful reply now and then is funny, but when it gets outta hand all I can think of is that I would like to knock them the heck out........! LOL!

Yep.... no doubt we have the best Moderators on the web and the best group of motorbiking people right here..... I've looked around a couple time on the other place just to see what was going on over there and was not even remotely impressed with what I saw.

Map
reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I still say that bike looks more like a KHS than the others I've seen, but hey I'm no expert, just looking at frame, the frame on that Canadian tire bike isn't the same at the neck.

Map
reddd

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

rear tube leading to drop outs are curved in, welds and tubes at the head look the same........???? Shrug

the upper frame tube is however different so that could be the deal breaker on it being a KHS but looks more like it than any others I have seen.

map
reddd

Last edited: