Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
wealth of good folks here to ask too Dc. The good ones look out for each other

If you have a question, some one experienced will have some thing to offer.

Last edited:

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
wealth of good folks here to ask too Dc. The good ones look out for each other

If you have a question, some one experienced will have some thing to offer.
Ill agree to that, lots of nice people.

The bike runs really smooth, i think once this motor breaks in with a better exhaust chamber the bike will be more fun. I think ill consider buying a 36t sprokect for this bike so i can cruise without the rpms being so high. After this tank of gas ill be switchin to 93 oct with synthetic oil at a 25:1 ratio

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
Congrats to ur skills of saving money and building it urself. For me I dont have time to peice everything together and to port and polish my own so buying a setup fully built is easier.
Reminds me of something else. You can do it a lot cheaper yourself but if you want it done right hire a professional. I'm talking about yard work.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
No that's incorrect they don't have three jumpers . They have 5 jumpers and I'll say this I can't find, feel or tell ANY difference between the modified CDI are the Jaguar . I don't have much experience at all with électronique so then hooking up my surround sound to the TV and car stereos and amps , subs ect... however I just followed the plan to the T and when I started to get tired I stop to make sure I had everything tighted in and the next thing I knew they were done and working . You should build some for yourself and Freinds they'd make GREAT stocking stuffers because Christmas is right around the corner.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
So these are a few pictures I took while at a friends house. It is a comfortable ride, but it looks like crap lol I can't wait to change out the whole bike pretty much for a smoother and better looking one. The picture with the motor, don't mind my thumb. I didn't know it was in the shot when I took the picture lol

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
glad all working out for you maybe the 75 jet will work well with a nice chamber and a 36 or less drive and i would look careful on the tensioner or change it using the decompression valve

Robby

May 18, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Dumpstercrusher, I also bought a 'built' engine and it has been the most reliable part of my bike. The standard Chinese accessories that came with it fall very short by comparison. Slowly replacing them!
It sounds expensive in comparison to an eBay kit, but if you count the custom machining, assembly, design and overheads into it, it is dirt cheap and could only really be done as a labour of love.
I'd do it for a living if it were otherwise.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
glad all working out for you maybe the 75 jet will work well with a nice chamber and a 36 or less drive and i would look careful on the tensioner or change it using the decompression valve
yea im excited to get my sbp expansion chamber so i can retune n really see what an exhaust will do. i havent had any problems wit the tensioner consider ive rode it, my 160 pound friend rode it and my 265 pound buddy riding it while using the compression release. But hopefully it does not break or i have troubles lol

Dumpstercrusher, I also bought a 'built' engine and it has been the most reliable part of my bike. The standard Chinese accessories that came with it fall very short by comparison. Slowly replacing them!
It sounds expensive in comparison to an eBay kit, but if you count the custom machining, assembly, design and overheads into it, it is dirt cheap and could only really be done as a labour of love.
I'd do it for a living if it were otherwise.
glad to hear man! this is exactly why i wanted a professional built motor to make it more reliable with less headaches. I will say this though, i really like the dellorto carb because it was easier to tune and i had no air leaks considering how it mounts to the intake manifold

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, there is no crying in baseball or ducttAPE in tANK mounting. (I spilt beer on the keyboARD AND a ev
ery time I type AN aA, cpAS locks on AND TYPES aAN DITIONal A'
'
ThANKS AZabill! lol (the beer cAME OUT OF MY NOSE. Long story)

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
LOL, there is no crying in baseball or ducttAPE in tANK mounting. (I spilt beer on the keyboARD AND a ev
ery time I type AN aA, cpAS locks on AND TYPES aAN DITIONal A'
'
ThANKS AZabill! lol (the beer cAME OUT OF MY NOSE. Long story)
LoL duct tape fixes all when others fail! i really wish vendors made a wide gas take mount like they do for motor mounts and then maybe i can get rid of the ghetto duct tape lol at least it matches my bike ;)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har DC, right! https://www.google.com/webhp?source...GE&fp=8d786327089c7a38&ion=1&biw=1440&bih=809

Really weird thing I learned from RusticoRay here. Velcro is truly amazing. I am not kidding, we went for a ride down a dirt road full on and bouncing like heck. He had a GPS velcroed on his gas tank. The thing never moved. Then we stopped to get a cup of coffee. He ripped it off his tank and put it in his pocket.

No kidding, I was amazed.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh, there is a ton of threads on the tank thing and some cool work arounds.

LOL, I wasn't suggesting velcro. Just went off on a tangent

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
With the Getto-Mart look your safe. Take that away and EVERYBODY will you thing you have big money. So keep roll-getto-mart. LMAO

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
lol its okay. Well I'll be rebuilding the bike starting with a new frame so I can live with the ghetto gas tank lol
Just wanted to say, do what you want with what you have to do it with and enjoy what you've done, if you're happy with what you have and you enjoy it just the way it is, I say who cares what anyone else thinks.

None of my bikes are very fancy but I enjoy every minute I ride any of them.
Happy safe riding.
Map.wee.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
everyone saying they can do it for cheaper... do it then. There must be a reason why none of the very reputable vendors advertised on this site arent selling 5-9hp chinas for 300 bucks. But the first reputable person that puts one up for sale, ill buy 3 where i would have bought one 9hp.
I dont think its silly at all, especially since ive had so much trouble after taking these engines apart. Having to take it off put it back together try to run it, take it off again, change carbs change jets inspect the head...
I finally just wanted something that i could leave the head on, get the power and just go. Its worth every penny.
I hope to hear some speed figures DC... I have been looking at fred's site too.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Just wanted to say, do what you want with what you have to do it with and enjoy what you've done, if you're happy with what you have and you enjoy it just the way it is, I say who cares what anyone else thinks.

None of my bikes are very fancy but I enjoy every minute I ride any of them.
Happy safe riding.
Map.wee.
sounds like a tongue twister lol i ride this bike and i enjoy every minute of it even with the way it looks. I dont care. As long as it works i will ride it lol but me building another bike when i can is something I want to do and accomplish and hopefully when people around my area see how nice of a bike it will be, then maybe ill have more motorized bicyclists. I would like to ride with others when I have the chance but thia isnt cali lol they seemed to have the most people

I reckon the china kits should come with a roll of duct tape. Standard tanks don't come with turtle wax, as you can't polish a t.......
oh yea the directions would say "if everything fails, use duct tape" (in chinese) lol

everyone saying they can do it for cheaper... do it then. There must be a reason why none of the very reputable vendors advertised on this site arent selling 5-9hp chinas for 300 bucks. But the first reputable person that puts one up for sale, ill buy 3 where i would have bought one 9hp.
I dont think its silly at all, especially since ive had so much trouble after taking these engines apart. Having to take it off put it back together try to run it, take it off again, change carbs change jets inspect the head...
I finally just wanted something that i could leave the head on, get the power and just go. Its worth every penny.
I hope to hear some speed figures DC... I have been looking at fred's site too.
Thanks man! what does "DC" mean? well for speed, i dont have an "accurate" speedometer but i am using the vintage one. Doesnt seem accurate but looks cool! All i know is my stock motor i used to have I could barely get the needle to hit 40mph going down just a slight decline (not even knowing its a hill), but with this motor i had it go off the charts as in my speedo maxes out at 50 lol so i mean once i get a new speedo or i could use my phone ill put up some numbers. Should be much faster though once i add my sick bike parts exhaust on and re-tune