The Black Ox

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I have got the word via Email that both the Onyx bike and the 49 cc HS motor have been shipped. The bike will be called the Black Ox. This bike has 29 inch wheels, a coaster on the rear and nothing on the front. I think it may need more brakes. I am getting the 4G T motor and kit. I looked at the stage 3 kit but decided to go with the timing belt. The stage 3 motor and kit comes with a pipe, the 4G just uses a can or something or other. I am thinking that a black pipe is what I need to keep the black on black look. Aso the red shroud should really be flat black. Any of you using the OEM exhaust canister? How is it? Should I invest in a pipe?

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
UPS tracking says the bike & motor may arrive today. I undersatnd the handle bars on the Onyx are 1.00 inch in dia. Should I change to a 7/8 bar with a bushing in the goose neck? I am worried about throttle and levers fitting the 1.00 inch bar

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
The bike came today. This thing looks to be very lovely and very big. The bars are 1.0 inch I do not think a normal throttle grip will fit. That's a shame too because the bend of the bars is very nice. I am sitting here looking at it and am running fuel tank options through my head. I am going to have to remove most of the stickers, this thing has stickers! I don't mind the Genesis so much but the Onex and 29 is too much. I am going to run without a front fender and maybe use the front fender in the rear for a bobber look or just ditch the back fender depends on chain clearance.