need help finding out make of engine

GoldenMotor.com

raven420hess

Mar 21, 2012
Florida
as the title says i need help on finding out the title of the engine i have 2 of them and want to make a running 1 out of the two so anybody have ideas on how to find this stuff out i really havent cleaned them up yet but the guy who sold them to me works at motorized bike shop and he doesnt know what they r lol so if u got idea forward it on said he'd fix 1 up for me but i know it would cost me an arm and a leg, besides i want the satifaction and fun of doing it myself thanks raven420hess .flg.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How about a photo of the engine, a name from it, or some other way for one of us to tell you what it is? Nobody can help you otherwise.

raven420hess

Mar 21, 2012
Florida
How about a photo of the engine, a name from it, or some other way for one of us to tell you what it is? Nobody can help you otherwise.
okay i thought there was a serial numer book or something that u guys would know about how to identify it thanks for looking though I'll post it tomorrow

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah, we'll need something to go on....how about a description? Is this an in-frame engine kit (chinese) or maybe a front drive type like a bike bug?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
There are no numbers at all on these Chinese motors. BGF or Rico Group motors have one on a sticker that's placed on the magneto cover but as to a stamped number, no such thing.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
We really do want to help, but you gotta throw us a bone here. Pictures of both sides of the engine in question should help immensely. And give us all the information you have on it as well, if you could please. There are some people here who can take that info and just run with it. And you'll learn anything you want to after that.
But you have to understand: saying you have a bike motor is like saying you have a bike. All we'd know is that it has two wheels. Could be a 20 inch, a 24 inch, a 26 inch, could be a men's, or a lady's, could be a Schwinn, a Columbia, a Cannondale, a Mongoose, a Raleigh, a Hercules, a Denali, a Felt, etc. See, we need all you can tell us.

raven420hess

Mar 21, 2012
Florida
as the title says i need help on finding out the title of the engine i have 2 of them and want to make a running 1 out of the two so anybody have ideas on how to find this stuff out i really havent cleaned them up yet but the guy who sold them to me works at motorized bike shop and he doesnt know what they r lol so if u got idea forward it on said he'd fix 1 up for me but i know it would cost me an arm and a leg, besides i want the satifaction and fun of doing it myself thanks raven420hess .flg.
ok i added pics, they r in my album sorry gentlemen just thought there was a serial number book so if u have idea what make this is like i said i have 2 and want.trkthanks again for puttin up with me puff puff pass .trk

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
ok i added pics, they r in my album sorry gentlemen just thought there was a serial number book so if u have idea what make this is like i said i have 2 and want.trkthanks again for puttin up with me puff puff pass .trk
Much better... Yes that is the ole generic Chinese 2 cycle, we call the HT (Happy Times). Comes in 49cc and 66cc. Most parts are easy to come by. Numerous vendors sell them. No telling who/when/by who made it. There are a number of manufactures in China that makes them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-B...136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372b8b6c8

Sometimes you are lucky they run, let alone a serial number :>) Really, with some mods and care they will give you many miles out of them. I've built 5, although not as many as other members have.
Take a look at these links....

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Chinese HT breakdown/

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Yep, those are pictures of a basic Chinese two-stroke bicycle motor. I couldn't guess how many CC just from a picture. But I know that on the That'sDax web site, and probably a few others, there is a photographic tutorial on how to mount these on a bike. Pretty easy step by step instructions there. And you'll find out what extra parts you'll need if you happen to be missing some hardware there.
It's not hard to find instructions for mounting these, I imagine. Once it's mounted to a bike, then you'll be able to try starting it and learn how well (or if) it presently runs. From there, I'm pretty sure we can help you get it running nicely.