Why no winter riding?

GoldenMotor.com

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
Oh I forgot to mention that we have no snow here yet! The streets are dry as melba toast. There is no way I would ride in the slushy salty mess that we sometimes get.

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
Oh yea, they use salt around here as well, hate the stuff! I don't even like subjecting my truck to a salt bath! Did I mention I HATE THAT STUFF?!

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i dont mind the winter, im up in canada so we have some brutal winters, but i have used my engine bike every winter so far! black ice is a big problem, you really have to watch out for that, but i dont mind a little slush and the road salt doesnt bother my bike, it gets dirty but i have not had reliability issues. its my main transportation!

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
OK I laughed when I read this. Yeah , cold is ok , I'm still riding right now , but when we got 3 feet of snow, negative wind shields and my snowblower is struggling , the motorbike season is officially done.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I'm shaking my fist at all of you who live in the South, Florida, California, Arizona, etc., who can ride all year round.

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
Last year I rode a lot during the winter. I was living in Louisiana and except for a few days of 20's the weather is mild that far south. In fact winter riding can be better than the blistering heat and nasty bugs of the warmer months. Now I live in Washington and I know I won't be riding quite as much this winter. I will still ride. I just have to limit my rides to the dry and warmer days.

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
I ride all winter as long as there is no snow or ice in the roads. My MB is what I use for almost all my errands. It's mostly a matter of having the right clothes and the right attitude.

Of course, winter in Virginia is not as bad as winter in North Dakota.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Other'n not living in the Bahamas, yes... yer right, there is a coupla things "wrong" in that shot - no kickstand & I was outa cawfee ;)

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Other'n not living in the Bahamas, yes... yer right, there is a coupla things "wrong" in that shot - no kickstand & I was outa cawfee ;)
LOL
That's some rugged sh#t man, hats off to ya' if your into it... It's certainly not for me, my bones don't like the feel of the cold sitting in a car, let alone riding a mb out in it....
I don't have a kickstand either, damn mountain bikes. I run a tiny 16.5" mountain bike frame, my bike kinda fits the same profile as yours (minus the snow, mine is in pieces in the basement right now)
Enjoy your winter!

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Shoot just throw a set of chains on yur bike an GO! HAHAAHA! I lived most of my life in Michigan. Every winter, weather depending; I'd get my motorcycle out on either Crhismass or newyears day for a BREIF ride. As long as the streets were clear of ice I'd go for it. Never more than 10 miles though. You wouldnt beleave the odd ball looks I got. Had a co worker that did the motorcycle ice racing on frozen lakes. He was nuts! Here ya go, try these: Tungsten Carbide