kit came today!

GoldenMotor.com

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
needless to say i am just a bit dissapointed.shipping from piston bikes was slow it took a week for them to ship it.and it was suposed to come with a gear removal tool but it didn't.the front large tube mounting plate doesn't fit the stud spacing.the clutch pads are all dried out...not sure if thats how they are supposed to be??packaging was lowsy!i am going to call them tomorow.the whole moter looked like it has been underwater!!!:-||

Last edited:

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Just the post I did not want to see this morning . I ordered my kit from them as well an I am still waiting on it .

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
yea, i dont know whats up witth piston bikes. i have ordered parts from them and shipping had been reallky fast. just recently i ordered their silver jet motor. i got it all installed ,it started right up so i took off down the street ,i got about 500ft down the street then a loud SNAP and the motor died. i peddeled back home and disassembled the motor. What i found was a piece of casting flash had broken loose from inside the transfer port and destroyed the pistoin and rings. i know it was something that was beyond their control, they are sending me replacement parts., but when i have paid for parts and motors they always came in 3 days. now when its something free and they know my bike is down its taken 7 days. that just seems kinda crappy....

zachary

Sep 16, 2011
minnesota
when i ordered from piston bike it took about a week but i orderd with money order. i got the kit and eveything was pritty good looking so far

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
That's unfortunate. There's always going to be a lemon in the basket; it sucks that you got it. Piston bikes is my first stop for parts and accessories, they always answer the phone and ship out orders fast. It is not like them to do such a thing. Maybe you got a warranty exchange by mistake. Either way good luck with your project(s).

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
MINES HERE ! I absolutly dropped what I was doing to check it out ,later tonight I'm opening it up an getting it cleaned out . now back to work (thank god I own the place )

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
No matter where you bought your engine from, no matter what model it is, no matter how good of a reputation either of the aforementioned may have, one cannot escape the fact that these engines are cheaply priced and equally cheaply made with chintzy quality control.
Before any engine is installed it is a very good idea to take the thing apart and do your own quality control inspection.
There are risks involved though!

Think of the engine itself as a kit only all the parts come assembled. The kit still needs final finishing work before it can be deemed safe and reliable to run.

Casting flash left behind from the factory is normal. The intake manifold and cylinder ports always need a good cleanup with a dremel or similar rotary tool.
Dirt, metal shavings from machining, and even the occasional washer or odd piece of whattheheckisit are routinely found inside the flywheel compartment.
/QUOTE]

YES! 100% correct. You have to go over the engine before installation.
Those who buy a kit that goes 'from box to bike' without any inspection are asking for problems.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I'm guessing OP spent $200 and to me thats not chump change. You pay for some thing and it should be right. From what he describes there is a PROBLEM.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I'm guessing OP spent $200 and to me thats not chump change. You pay for some thing and it should be right. From what he describes there is a PROBLEM.
Come on man, you get a motor and all the other parts to motorize a bike for under $200???? That is pretty much chump change man... The manufacturing of the motors, the casting and finishing is rough on all of them, you get what you pay for...
Unfortunately for those that don't want to take the time to inspect and correct and manually finish the manufacture of the parts that are delivered in rough condition, there really isn't a source to buy a kit that has been finished and manufactured with higher quality control. If you want that you have to buy a motor from one of the guys the buy the stock china girl motors and go through them and take care of all that stuff before they resell them to you...