Handlebar grip / throttle questions

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
WD-40 works great for removing then replacing grips. No, it doesn't make them slide off after you've installed them. The grips stay on and the WD simply evaporates and lets the grip, grip.

To remove a grip I slide a long thin blade screwdriver between the grip and handlebar and using the red plastic nozzle that comes with WD-40, squirt just a little into the gap made by the screwdriver. Then grab the grip and rotate it and pull. They'll slip right off.
Reverse the procedure to install a grip. Squirt a little WD into the grip and slide it on the handlebar. In minutes the grip will be as secure as if you'd used superglue.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
WD-40 works great for removing then replacing grips. No, it doesn't make them slide off after you've installed them. The grips stay on and the WD simply evaporates and lets the grip, grip.

To remove a grip I slide a long thin blade screwdriver between the grip and handlebar and using the red plastic nozzle that comes with WD-40, squirt just a little into the gap made by the screwdriver. Then grab the grip and rotate it and pull. They'll slip right off.
Reverse the procedure to install a grip. Squirt a little WD into the grip and slide it on the handlebar. In minutes the grip will be as secure as if you'd used superglue.

Tom
My trick also..........good ole Water - Dispersant that they got right on the -40th try works great..... for many things accept a lubricant.

Good tip Tom