Anyone out there with a "BoosBottle Industries" Expansion Chamber??

GoldenMotor.com

escout

May 11, 2011
Wyoming
This is my first post. Anyways, I just got my 66cc bike kit mostly put together and I ordered a few upgrades with it at the same time. For starters, I put the boost bottle on. However, the expansion chamber looks to be a POS setup. For example, it came with flex-pipe that doesn't even pretend to hold pressure and an exhaust mount that looks like someone put a 1" sleeve over the existing 3/4" pipe and held it on with a spring attached to a washer...Needless to say it doesnt look like a professional kit, especially when compared to SBP's setup (for almost the same price). Has anyone out there had an experience with this?? Is this kit worth a damn or am I just wasting my time trying to put it on my bike??

escout

May 11, 2011
Wyoming
Yeah, I've seen a lot of info about the boost bottles themselves, but nothing on the expansion chamber that Boost Bottle Industries sells.

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
It looks pretty bad: Page Title

But hey, you get "30% more power"! If you add a boost bottle on top of that you'll be powersliding all over the place.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Contact the company first thing and express your concerns and see what their justifications are for your concerns.

When we want an expansion chamber for that price, we go to Sick Bike Parts.

escout

May 11, 2011
Wyoming
*Update

So, I ended up starting the bike for the first time with the expansion chamber and boost bottle. While MOST of the exhaust makes it down the flexpipe, a fair amount still leaks out. That exhaust manifold is garbage too and it leaks burnt oil on my engine cooling fins and such. Plus, I can't use my kickstand anymore since the flexpipe gets in the way...Overall, I wasted my money on this kit, should have gone with SBP's version. Just my $0.02.

Jan 13, 2011
WEST MIFFLIN PA
Loooks like it could be made to function. But not with my money, not for that price , not when good rep. SBP has a good alternative. If I wanted to save a buck I'd accept the modest gain and required re-engineering of a pocket bike pipe. (thats where I'm at now)
They(Boost) want $75 for that now!!!

escout

May 11, 2011
Wyoming
I ended up making that kit work for now with some help from some exhaust sealant. It still burps oil on my pants though...Long story short, I just ordered SBP's kit. WOOT! Hopefully, things work out this time.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ok someone had to say this so it may as well be me..........LOL!

escout.....

" STOP all the oil burp-in gobble-dy goo and switch your engine lube to Opti 2 "

Peace

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Loooks like it could be made to function. But not with my money, not for that price , not when good rep. SBP has a good alternative. If I wanted to save a buck I'd accept the modest gain and required re-engineering of a pocket bike pipe. (thats where I'm at now)
They(Boost) want $75 for that now!!!
exactamundo!
should've put yer hard earned cash into making it work, instead of expecting instant bolt-on gratification...doesnt look much diff' than the pirates "happy pipe" 'cept they had properly welded and bent pipe instead of flexy- which you could've had an exhaust or motorcycle shop in your area do....

I know everyone out there LOVES the SBP kit, but I.m.h.o.- I think they are ugly as ****! and welcome any and all alternatives w/more aesthetic pleasantries!
...just remember to use pocketbike pipes which are stated to be FOR THE SAME CC/DISPLACEMENT RANGE AS THE ENGINE YER GONNA STRAP IT TO!!!!!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There's far more than aesthetics to be considered with an expansion chamber, everything about exhaust system is important, not least of which is the headpipe diameter and length... which the above product doesn't seem to consider at all.

Remember how the pipe works. The exhaust sound wave expands down the front taper then hits the rear taper (which is usually at double the angle of the front) reflecting the wave back at the header tube. The idea is to get the header length "tuned" to have the wave hit the exhaust port just before the piston closes it. Stuffing some of the energy back into the port along with some of the exhaust gases as the piston goes up. The faster the engine is spinning (or the shorter the piston stroke is) the shorter the header needs to be to deliver the charge at the right time. To long a header and it's late, to short and it's early. A little long and you get a broader band. As they get shorter the rpm range is more sensitive but the pipe adds more to the HP. It's a balancing act.
some links;
A two-stroke
http://motorbicycling.com/f51/expansion-chamber-resonance-25085.html