My first wreck.

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Minor, quick and pretty painless, except for my pride. I was turning left between some buildings on a dirt drive, and there was the truck. I over corrected left, and down I went.
Strange how we perceive time- I realized what was happening and why, I recognized the appropriate way to fall, and I could see the two attractive young ladies in the truck go from "Oh my!" to "Did you see that idiot?" all in the couple of seconds it took gravity to have it's way with me. Luckily I had on leather gloves and thick clothes, so no injuries... I was able to recover quickly, and the bike didn't stall, so I sorta waved and rode on.
I can now swear to it: it's cooler to not fall off your bike..bf.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Trey, were you wearing a helmet?

I know what you mean by time slowing down. I dropped a chopper last summer when a gust of wind blew me off a trail into deep, soft dirt and I went down. No damage except to my pride but it took forever to hit the ground. I could see it coming, saw the front wheel wrench to the right and the dirt coming up to meet me. Took all of 1/2 second but it lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

Glad you weren't hurt and the bike is okay too. Probably won't get a date from those chicks though. :)

Tom

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Good to hear that you didn't get hurt trey... and i get the whole pride thing, sometimes that hurts more than the actual fall.

And doesn't take a whole lot to get hurt, a while back i was on my way back down a trail called eagle rock at alum rock (pretty sure you been there) and i always do a quick break check before beginning the main decent... i was probably going about 5mph, squeezed the wrong front brake lever to fast... in the blink of an eye i was down. just by being distracted by a couple of fine young ladies cost me my sense of pride, a good ride, and 4 stitches.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Tom- I am embarrassed to say that I was not wearing a helmet. Just recently I said in a post that I have decided to get one- even said what kind I want. I'm lucky the pretty girls weren't full of pop skull and speeding. I had actually considered riding this 8 miles on back roads a couple times a week before I bought the helmet! Knucklehead.
I was wearing my standard issue Elmer Fud headgear though...

OchoNinja- [Alum Rock! Beautiful- I'd forgotten that place.] Stitches? Oh man, AND the bike:( I am glad to hear you're doing a brake check up there! You have a long life in front of you my friend. As far as distractions- the female form... it's... I mean... well, you know. Whatayagonnado?

Attachments

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yes it is a nice beautiful place to get away from all the noise and stress, plus the air is much cleaner up there. The bike was fine... now i actually remember that the bike sorta landed on top of me and i was kinda tangled it trying to kick it off all pissed off, i felt like it was the bikes fault at the moment... i wasn't going very fast, just a lot of sharp rocks there... a decent pair of gloves and a long sleeve shirt would of saved me.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Yeah, it might be lucky that it's cold here still. I had on insulated coveralls, big jacket and some leather gloves. I'm not skinned up, but like Tom said, I ain't gettin no date out of the deal either!
(Oh yeah- it WAS your bikes fault. lol)

Last edited:

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
Glad you were ok. Last summer I took a spill while turning right in my parking lot after it rained.
I felt the bike fishtailing so I let it go. It went on its side for a good 10 feet before hitting the fence.

I was fine, the bike...not so much. Scrapes on the frame, and the petcock from the gas tank broke off..