Tractor Supply Company Chain Request

GoldenMotor.com

Airbuzz

Aug 16, 2008
Hi forum members.

There was a post a couple of weeks ago that spoke of a lower price chain from the Tractor Supply Company. The chain was pretty close to the standard #415 chain.

Does anyone remember the post? I’m looking for it. If anyone knows the chain no. or has the link, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks for all of your help

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Just wanted to chime in with a review on this chain to add to the thread :),,
I bought 10 ft of the tractor supply chain today,,looks like good HD stuff,,the rollers are alot better quality than the kit chain,plus ALOT less flex.It was the #41 I paid 19.99 for 10ft.enough to do another bike or two if need be,no clearance issues either.Took the bike for a 20 mile rip and the chain barley even slacked up any,,great chain so far for the money,,think it is marked TKS or something like that???,,i remember that brand from when I was little with mini bikes,go-karts,and dirt bikes,,it was great chain!

Good times....

Tom :)

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I also bought 10 ft of #41 chain from tsc, and I'm using it on my 98cc cruiser. Been almost 4 weeks now, chain is working out great. It stretched a little, but luckily I have a spring loaded tensioner, so it hasn't been a problem. If I notice too much slack in the chain, I just move the tensioner back a little.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Chain wear, or chain stretch, becomes an issue with extensive cycling. Although the overall effect is often called "stretch", chains generally wear through attrition of the bushings (or half-bushings, in the Sedis design) and not by elongation of the sideplates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_chain

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Chain wear, or chain stretch, becomes an issue with extensive cycling. Although the overall effect is often called "stretch", chains generally wear through attrition of the bushings (or half-bushings, in the Sedis design) and not by elongation of the sideplates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_chain
Good reading there,,
As a kid I knew they never stretched,,I always just thought the rollers broke in more after use causing the need for adjustment,,guess i was close..lol

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I just use #40 hd from the local hardware store. Way better than stock and cheap! One box gives two bikes worth.