Hey 2door!

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Here are some pics of that yard sale schwinn I posted about awhile back. You said you have one like this?

I'm kinda on the fence about selling it. Wants a frankenstein jackshaft set-up SOO bad! Maybe a little bitty 4-stroke?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Funny story about mine. I rode it to a bicycle shop about twenty years ago. I was inside and when I walked out all the bike store guys were crowded around it. They wanted to know if I was selling it. At the time I didn't realize it was unique. They mentioned the odd front shifter/freewheel and the fact that it had a metal head badge. They said it was worth more than when it was new. I'm glad I kept it. Maybe it'll be a collector's item someday.
If I were you I'd probably just hang that puppy up in my garage and save it.

I'll have to search for it but I posted a thread here years ago about a bike my wife found in her parent's shed. Another collector. It's hanging in my garage today. An 80s vintage, made in the U.S. Huffy that was only ridden about 5 miles.
Tom

EDIT: Found it > http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=89908

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Funny story about mine. I rode it to a bicycle shop about twenty years ago. I was inside and when I walked out all the bike store guys were crowded around it. They wanted to know if I was selling it. At the time I didn't realize it was unique. They mentioned the odd front shifter/freewheel and the fact that it had a metal head badge. They said it was worth more than when it was new. I'm glad I kept it. Maybe it'll be a collector's item someday.
If I were you I'd probably just hang that puppy up in my garage and save it.

I'll have to search for it but I posted a thread here years ago about a bike my wife found in her parent's shed. Another collector. It's hanging in my garage today. An 80s vintage, made in the U.S. Huffy that was only ridden about 5 miles.
Tom
If you look at the post of my latest build, you will see a mid-80's :confused: Huffy I got at the same sale! Very cool bike except for the thin rear dropouts and cheap-%$@ hardware package...
Maybe we are related?
:p

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Yep. I had one of those too. It was one of several that have been stolen from me over the years. Concord, Huffy, Bianchi, Hercules, a few Schwinns, probably one or two others. I've been slowly getting better at both anti-theft measures and choosing lower-crime storage areas.