Engine sprocket puller/Chain rubbing tire

GoldenMotor.com

Greengabbard

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis
I'm going to post a question that I've read about several times. Sorry for asking again, but I'd like to get another take on it. My circumstances are my own and they may change the answers. I have a Micagi Rover with the 3 speed Shimano internal shifter. I have installed an SD Stinger and the associated Rag Mount (I had to have a larger hole machined into the sprocket to get it to fit). Now the chain is super close to the tire (touches just ever so slightly). I am planning on moving the engine sprocket out the thickness of a washer and seeing if that will do the trick. My trouble is that I don't have one of those mystery tools (sprocket puller) that comes in some of the kits. Does anyone have an extra that they'd sell me? Or are there any other options?*

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I'm going to post a question that I've read about several times. Sorry for asking again, but I'd like to get another take on it. My circumstances are my own and they may change the answers. I have a Micagi Rover with the 3 speed Shimano internal shifter. I have installed an SD Stinger and the associated Rag Mount (I had to have a larger hole machined into the sprocket to get it to fit). Now the chain is super close to the tire (touches just ever so slightly). I am planning on moving the engine sprocket out the thickness of a washer and seeing if that will do the trick. My trouble is that I don't have one of those mystery tools (sprocket puller) that comes in some of the kits. Does anyone have an extra that they'd sell me? Or are there any other options?*
1) is the sprocket flat?
2) is the sprocket like a dish.
3) if dished, how do you have it mounted, dish out (flat side to wheel), or in?
4) You can get the tool from a number of vendors,
5) I have a extra, not for sale, but I will loan them out.
6) before moving the small sprocket out (might be too close to the cover), I think I'd move the wheel sprocket, but I'd have to see for myself.

Greengabbard

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis
The sprocket is dished and is mounted dish side out to give as much clearance as possible. The engine sprocket has a lot of clearance to move the sprocket out. In fact as it sits right now the chain rubs the inside of the housing, so moving it out would fix that too. I'd be grateful for the loan of the tool, but let's see if anyone has an extra for sale. Alternatively: where can I buy one? I haven't been able to find any thus far.*