Chain tensioner

GoldenMotor.com

jats

Mar 13, 2012
oregon
oh not sure if it plays into it or not but I was using rubber shims on the tensioner but have removed them the frame I used has a pretty good taper on the stays and this started after i removed the rubber

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
To be truthful I've never used #410 chain. I know some do and swear by it but I've had good luck with #41, never had an issue with it and never felt the need to experiment otherwise. I use a good quality, Diamnond or Morse industrial #41 and it has served me and many other builders well.

As far as the tensioner bracket goes, We always suggest to make sure it can not loosen or rotate on the chain stay. The taper really shouldn't effect the clamping action but I happen to be a firm believer in securing the bracket by some method that doesn't completely rely on the clamp method. I'll open a can of worms here by mentioning some ways to do that so I won't but I'd suggest you do a little research and read the plethora of information that has been posted here on the pros and cons of the infamous chain tensioner. Just type in 'chain tensioner' in the Google Custom search then sit back and read. Most important; do what works for you, never mind what others say to oppose your ideas.

Tom

jats

Mar 13, 2012
oregon
reshaped the clamp and drilled and threaded it for a small set screw. problem solved thanks ! the chain ration went down came out of a bag marked 410 and looks the same size as a 41 (BMX?) chain but will buy a bmx chain since the chain dose not look right in the sprocket. vibration is almost gone but think whats there is normal thanks again

jats

Mar 13, 2012
oregon
changed the chain works way better what about getting rid of the roller and using a slide block had a few motorcycles like that.