Holy cow, lube that thing!

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Just put in some titanium allen bolts to replace the China Girl steel kit ones on the flywheel cover- M6 x 16mm- You can get 10 for about $10 on ebay.

So, like when I put in the sound dampeners, I put a little grease on the flywheel cogs, and a touch of 30 weight out of an oil can. Somebody had been talking about losing a crank bearing so I tried to squirt some oil behind the flywheel to the shaft, hoping to get some to drip down- the motors don't carry oil and are so clean otherwise and I don't think a little lube on it all will get to the plug-

anyway- like the first time, I was really impressed by the way it ran after- and TOTALLY a lot more quiet- more so than the first with the dampeners- cause I put even more lube I guess. It runs like GREASED LIGHTNING!

This HAS GOTTA be standard procedure outta the box if I ever get any new motors!

Ready to replace the jug- and will see what I can get some grease on from that angle. The66 is next.

the titanium is not a lot of weight dif, but they're all allen key and look clean, and I've lost cover screws before- now I've got extra!- so I'm gradually going to replace most of the steel bolts on the engine and back sprockets, gonna use two to replace exhaust studs. Theres 4 or 5 about 35mm long on the other side and motor mounts- a lot of heavy steel with phillips/ hybrid head- they'll all take the same allen key then,

already got alloy chainring bolts on the 3 piece cranks with titanium fixing bolts- possible brake center bolts and stem bolts- but in no hurry- could take a year. Starts to add up to a light bike though.
dance1

Last edited: