Just a quick question..

GoldenMotor.com

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
is running 50:1 bad for my engine? i ran it in my last engine. and ive been running it in my new engine "besides break in".. like my bikes dont really amit much smoke to really any smoke from the exhaust and i know its less oil then most people on these forums run in there gas but i just wanna know about the only time i ran more oil in my gas was during break in and when i ran 100 octane fuel from the local airport in my town. so any awnsers would be nice.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Depends on the oil. Is it formulated to run that low ratio? 50:1 is fine if the oil manufacturer made it for that but if you're using standard 2 stroke oil that was meant for 32:1 or higher oil content, you might be cutting it a little thin.
Tom

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
um its formulated for 50:1 im pretty sure and i just remembered on the bottle it said low smoke oil so that could be why it has little to no smoke from the exhaust.. yea i dont remeber the brand "i cant look at the moment" but its the bigger bottles you can like get at o'realys with the buit in messuring thing on top that you fill up and mix with a gallon of gas for 50:1 ratio

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I agree with 2 Door.....Ive always run Stihl Ultra HP fully synthetic in mine and it never smokes either. Most every synthetic runs at 50:1 or higher, there are regular oils that are formulated to run at 50:1 also but just as 2 Door said it will tell you to mix that way.....anyhow ypou will be fine.