Modern Board-Track Racing

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I don't know L.A. that well but it sounds like you two are close to that track. Maybe it's time to promote a race. That would be a whole lot of fun!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That's awesome....!

If I lived anywhere near there I would be involved in that for sure, that would be an absolute blast on the mini bikes or on the MB's....

No way I could ever stay up with Baird but I'd have a blast just getting to go round & round that track and see everyone else having a blast too.......

Peace, map

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
bad news. i sent an email and got a reply a few minutes later.

here's the bad news part:

Hi Baird you are not the first person to approach me with this idea. Unfortunately our landlord the Army Corps Of Engineers has not allowed us to do anything beyond people powered bikes.

Kenneth Avchen
Encino Velodrome
Encinovelodrome.org

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
bad news. i sent an email and got a reply a few minutes later.

here's the bad news part:

Hi Baird you are not the first person to approach me with this idea. Unfortunately our landlord the Army Corps Of Engineers has not allowed us to do anything beyond people powered bikes.

Kenneth Avchen
Encino Velodrome
Encinovelodrome.org
Dang baird that stinks.............!

Map

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
The guy isnt exactly telling the truth to you baird. I have a freind that used to race his electric skateboards there. He has video footage of him doing 47mph. On that same track.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that's funny. he told me about some other places we might be able to race and said to tell them i have nothing to do with the motorized skateboard guys. :)

he said they had other motorized races there before, but now the Army guys won't let anything but human power on the track.

it could change in the future, but who knows? maybe Neil will be able to pull it off. not that it matters to me if he does, he still won't let me race.