hi im new

GoldenMotor.com

ONYX

May 5, 2008
hi im new.. my friend just got one of these motors from thatsdax.. and i was thinking about getting one too.. but i want to put it on the green 26" kulana beach crusier... but i cant seem to find them anywhere.. they look like the orange moon dogs but its green and its a bit longer in length... it is pictured on the advertisments for thatdax about the new titan motors they have and also on the thatsdax home page at the bottom... can anyone help me find one??? if you can please send me the link to it.. i have been looking online now for 2 hours for it. and i want it to be that exact bike if i get the motor for it.. i think it looks great and the motor justs fits so nice and snug in it.. like the bike was ment for motorized transport.. but yea please help me i dont know where else to go...

Last edited:

ONYX

May 5, 2008
ehh just a few suggestions for the site to... my friend has a vBuliten site and he has a "shoutbox" that lets users have live help chats and also lets people know about new posts.. also their should be a link on the fourms to contact the site owner for questions and help... just a thought

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Welcome aboard ONYX. Not sure where you might find the green bike now that wallyworld has found a new model. I personally like the Sun Custom Cruisers they've got a 4" frame streach and feel much better than a standard frame to me...Kelly:ride2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi and welcome to the forum. ebay you can most likely find the bike you are looking for and also thier is a contact us thing on the bottom of the site or you are more then welcome to pm me for i am the owner. glad to have you with us (^)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome ONYX.

If you contact W-Mart, they may have some somewhere...I know the one near me had one as of last week...but they have mostly superceded it with the orange bike. I have one I could sell you, with or without the bicycle motor kit, where do you live? I'm in north east Ohio.

ONYX

May 5, 2008
Welcome ONYX.

If you contact W-Mart, they may have some somewhere...I know the one near me had one as of last week...but they have mostly superceded it with the orange bike. I have one I could sell you, with or without the bicycle motor kit, where do you live? I'm in north east Ohio.
i live in florida.. right now i have 2 bikes.. i have my mongoss mountain bike with dual suspension and i have a La Jolla beach cruiser that just sits around cause the chain kept falling off. but as far as buying it from you it would be really expensive for me because i have very limited funds. i live on my own and paying the amount that rent is in florida is ridiculas. i have had my liscence suspended so i thought this was a nice alternative for me to get around town and is way cheaper than a car. but thanks for the help im gonna go to walmart in a few days and ask them if they still have one laying around in the stock room

ONYX

May 5, 2008
hi and welcome to the forum. ebay you can most likely find the bike you are looking for and also thier is a contact us thing on the bottom of the site or you are more then welcome to pm me for i am the owner. glad to have you with us (^)
i would check ebay.. but i dont know the exact name for that paticular bike im looking for.. i had one a loooooong time ago but it got stolen from me and now that i know about having motors in them i want another one. and whats the minimum size frame you need to mount the motor on.. i just kinda want the motor to have a snug fit.. i think that looks good having it like that.. cause it just makes the bike look like it came that way.. kinda like a motor cycle :D

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The bike you are after is a "Moon Dog".

These bicycle motor kits will fit most older cruisers and diamond frame bikes like old ten speeds and hard tail mountain bikes, Old Schwinn Collegiates, ect.

There are some mods that have to be done to bikes with oversized frame tubes like the Point Beach and most newer style bikes.

ONYX

May 5, 2008
o so they just changed the color and the style of the bike but its still called a moon dog? and thanks for the help but when i ment size i was talking about the frame size.. like 24" 26" etc. i know it will fit in a 26" cause my friend has one in his bike and his is a 26"

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'm not real up on bicycle stuff as far as frame sizes, but I believe I read that you will need at least a 22" diamond frame type to mount a bicycle motor kit on. Is that what you mean? I know it will fit most standard cruiser types as long as the tubing is the older standard (not oversized) tubing. I mounted one on an old single speed Ross Europa, with room to spare. (diamond frame type, single speed).

And yes, the new Moon Dog is slightly different than the old Moon Dog. The frame looks different (differing bends) and different color. I haven't check them side by side, so there may be other differences that I am not aware of.

If it helps, these bicycle motor kits were originally designed for the older diamond frames, 1950-70's. As for fitting one to a newer bike, where there's a will, there's a way.

ONYX

May 5, 2008
yea i havent seen the new moon dog up close but i have seen pictures of it.. and the original moon dog has a bit longer frame size from what i noticed.. but if worst comes to worst ill just buy the new one and a motor kit for it.. or i can just probably use my aluminum La Jolla beach cruiser.. unless im told it wont fit otherwise.. thanks for your help :D

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You may fit one to a ladies bike, but it's going to put the spark plug and hot engine where you don't want it to be, plus you'll have to find a place to fit the fuel tank.

ONYX

May 5, 2008
Part about living in Florida is a good thing they seem to be very motorized bicycle friendly.
well i live like 5 minutes from satellite beach and the police their will pull you over for just about any reason they can think of :( i originally wanted to get a little motor cycle that can do 60mph in about 10 seconds and that bike doesnt have any markings on it saying the cc value of the motor.. but i had a friend a while ago that had one and got pulled over for it... for the price of the motor and a bike to put it on i could get one of the mini motor cycles... but so far my freind that just got a motor on his pedal bike hasnt had any run-ins with the bored police here.. :D

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you are talking about an ebay or made in China motorcycle or scooter, or one of those "pocket bikes" you are throwing away your money! They are absolute garbage on every level and don't last very long. After the sale service is terrible and the "warranty" is a joke.

I know, I've worked on a boatload of them.

I don't know how much we are talking here for the mini motorcycle, but I do know that these bicycle motors are under 200, plus a good used bicycle for 25-50 dollars and you are golden.

I have one for sale right now (engine on the avatar bike) for 125+ shipping (about 25-30 dollars).
Top speed 25 mph, 200 mpg, runs smooooth and is relatively quite.
Installs in under a half hour.

ONYX

May 5, 2008
well sorry for the inactivity.. but the bike i was talkin about isnt as small as you are thinking. its a 4 stroke and its i thin about 180cc i think? ill post the link to it to show you. since you know more about this than i do ill just go by what everyones opinioin is + my own opinions