clutch squeak

GoldenMotor.com

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
hi guys I've just started riding my motorized bike, have about an hour an a half on it already. I noticed that the clutch seems to squeak when Im riding, it doesnt happen when im accelerating so much but when I let go of the trottle you ca tell. I'm just wondering if this would pose any problem or future problems, and if you guys could give me some suggestions on how to fix it that'd be awesome. thanks

.shft.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Take off the front sprocket cover and grease up the bucking bar, ball and cam (the part that moves when you clutch it) Also pack the pin hole with grease. The ball bearing is inside the hole under the pin so be sure you don't lose it.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
The china girls use straight cut gears which make a sort of a ..screeeee sound that rises with rpm. Could that be the squeak?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Have you lubricated the gears on the right side? Only a dab and smear it over the teeth. Not too much or you'll end up with a slipping clutch. Some gear/clutch noise is common. Some engines are noisier than others.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
The china girls use straight cut gears which make a sort of a ..screeeee sound that rises with rpm. Could that be the squeak?
The gears are actually slightly angled. I would assume that would be to reduce some noise from the gears themselves.

Picture of a bottom end I haven't ran yet

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
The gears are actually slightly angled. I would assume that would be to reduce some noise from the gears themselves.

Picture of a bottom end I haven't ran yet
If they were going for the silence of helical cut gears, they missed the boat.
;)

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Haha no kidding I like the stick on silencers and a coat of plasti-dip on the clutch cover. Makes it real nice and quiet!
I have those tarry stick-on ones that go on the inside of all the covers. I think they work but not sure since they've been on there from the gitgo.
ScRREEEEE!
haha