Blown out weed eater shaft motor swap tome? (suggestions welcome)

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
SO LAMI HAS BEEN DOWN FOR A MONTH, TAXES ARE COMING IN AND I AM FINALLY GETTING THAT TAO TAO I HAVE BEEN TALKINF ABOUT FOR MONTHS :)

BUT, I REFUSE TO LEAVE LAMI OUT SO, I plan to purchase a old beat up lawn mower and modify it to run as a horizontal shaft motor about 5hp should be pretty good on torque power but what I need to know is where can I get "preformance camshafts" on the low low like cars have comp cams. I want a fat behind lumpy cam and turn it into my gaser street beast.

what I would also like to know is how to mount a v belt pulley to the wheel, I like for the motor to pull me not push me, using the origanal mount bracket, I am hopping to add in a lift clutch if the v belt idea does not fly to well.

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Nix the cam. You will have tons of power as is. If you are going to put this on the front, build well. Anything lets loose and you are in dire straights!

This was my venture into front drive. http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=294515&postcount=18

I am thinking 5hp + tuned by stop cable 45 miles an hour. thinking of modifying pedals to clear block over crank, or possiably a pedal delete and mount the extra foot pegs on the crank representing kick starter

Last edited: