arnt all these 70cc bicycle motors the same

GoldenMotor.com

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Seeing how these kit vary from dealer to dealer.does anyone know where you can find engine parts that will fit a Boygofast 70cc.Thanks Ron

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
boygofast maybe?

To Venice Boy- where do you buy in bulk? I have had a few "offers" to buy in bulk for the same or more than I can get them from e-bay. Also the direct route is for a 20'container of 1250 kits!!!!!!! They still have not gotten back to me on unit prices, but I would have to say it would have to be in the 50 dollars per area for it to be considered.

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
While some engines are not identicial, the majority of engines are interchangeable. Some parts from same engine marker aren't interchangeable because of the wide variation in manufacturing tolerances.

I do know that Kings motor parts (piston, cylinder) do not work on Dax motors.

Last edited:

bbike1

Apr 30, 2008
ya i think im set on the pk-80 that boygofast sells just because his engines now come with ballbearings and for 180.00 shipped, well thats not much money at all.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Just remember that it's not really an 80cc, it's a 70cc engine and they are roller bearings not ball bearings and you'll probably be happy.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
They are available from several sellers on different sites...they are not however 80cc's, unless somebody is boring them out after they get them from China.....you can't bore a Nikasil liner though, so I digress.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
ya i think im set on the pk-80 that boygofast sells just because his engines now come with ballbearings and for 180.00 shipped, well thats not much money at all.

Also- that'sdax and several other sell these bicycle motors with roller bearings, it's the new standard so to speak.

Jman

Apr 13, 2008
newcastle .Australia
yeah i bought a cheap? $200 kit here in aus engine died in 3 weeks despight correct running in etc. i then purchased a new motor 80 cc for 250 from my local GRUBEE importer and its beter in every way quieter,faster,smoother,all the nuts,bolts etc are high tensile just far better .I would NEVER skimp on the extra 50 - 100 whatever it may be break down a few times buy some new studs & your cash & enthusiasm will cost you far more

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
personally i will only by from a dealer i can get support from, i bought from boygofast and it was different then his listing and i was pretty much told to bad. its been a good motor and runs good but had problems with the carb and also the mounts for an oversize frame were not with it and he would not provide the mounts or replace the carb. thatsdax stands behind his products and is thier to answer your questions. that is worth every penny to me.