Magneto Preventative

GoldenMotor.com

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I tried the Google search up there about initial work to prevent the ground wire coming from the center of the magneto from breaking with no luck. Any how I have had a total of 3 magnetos tiny little ground wires fail on me and its agrevating me quite a bit......I have a new one coming to me once again from Bikeberry from being under warranty. Is there any suggestions anyone has to prevent this from happening again before I install it? This month signals the end of my warranty, and Im sick of fooling around with the magneto....I would like to move on to something else.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I tried the Google search up there about initial work to prevent the ground wire coming from the center of the magneto from breaking with no luck. Any how I have had a total of 3 magnetos tiny little ground wires fail on me and its agrevating me quite a bit......I have a new one coming to me once again from Bikeberry from being under warranty. Is there any suggestions anyone has to prevent this from happening again before I install it? This month signals the end of my warranty, and Im sick of fooling around with the magneto....I would like to move on to something else.
Upgrade the blue wire (I do on ALL my builds) to a 16 or 14Gage wire. This will also eliminate a Chinese crappy cold solder joint. You can also resolder (tint the exposed wire) the thin wire, although I have never had one brake.

Last edited: