encountered a hurdle need advice

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I have been searching for good strong hubs for my wheels , heres the problem, I have learned that the engine will stress my hubs axels an bearings hard in various threads here , I would like your recomendations on the best rear hubs an front hubs out there that will allow me to keep my 7 speed rear gears an add disc brakes front an rear . I am using a grubee motor s.b.p jack shaft an stronger derailer. (i havent decided on the derailer yet)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Ok, Spooky Tooth before they sold out had front/rear sets of Husky wheels with 12 gauge spokes for $70 for the set. I think I've seen the sets elsewhere but I can't remember where :p

If you can find where to get Huskys I think the have a wheel like you describe.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Thanks Dave , was a great lead I looked hard into this an came up with nada but found a swiss maker on a broader search at a place called bicyclewheelwarehouse.com its a bit pricey but I am relatively confident this hub should take the streses an suit my requierments Mavic 729/DT Hugi T/A Bike Wheels .

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have a Worksman set with 12ga. spokes if I remember the correct spoke size. But what about something from a dirt bike or something like that?

Terry

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Man you guys are quick ! Thank you for the links . I really want to add the disc brakes although I have been known to be my own worst enemy when I get an idea stuck in my head . But my next one is roughly planned out an those links will be emensly helpfull . not to mention my wife thinks I have gone totaly insane , all I can tell her is" when yours is done an we go riding tell me I am nuts then ."

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Make sure you guys keep in mind that OP needs HD wheels with gears - external or internal.

Coaster brake wheels will not work with shift kits. Husky and Worksman only sell coasters.

You'll have much better luck looking through wheels on Amazon.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
My wife still thinks I'm nuts, Gnu, but she loves it when we go out on the bikes. :) The pair of us buzzing along gets a fair bit of attention.