Reserve your Jet engine kit!

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
a turbo shaft engine would require a gear box but no prop. real shaft drive or chain drive to the rear wheel there is a bike that uses a shaft to drive the rear wheel but I don't know the name of it. You would get some strange looks when you fired it up the sound of a pissed off vacuum cleaner..fly

Jun 25, 2008
do a search on turbo prop jet engines there is a place that makes them for model airplanes that really work turbo shaft driven jet bike I'll bet it would need a 55 gallon drum towed behind for a fuel tanklaff
norman
Ahh thats my lazy reading leading me astray again!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Ilikeabikea and I know a guy who has a small jet engine at his shop and I think it has a shaft to power up a generator I wonder? Its got a lot of extra stuff attached but I bet we could make it run. I'll have to see if we can get a picture some time.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2008
Its looking like a prototype is on its way! A system has also been devised to allow the use of existing MB petrol tanks. The aim was to be able to run the IC engine and boost with the jet engines but the 2 stroke oil of those with HT's could be a BIG problem. Those with four strokes however need not worry!
Aiming to have the prototype built and fully tested by the end of May and production beginning early June. That said, watch this space!

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
The bike comes with a standard 2 liter tank and may or may not get 6 miles to the gallon? Is this correct?

If so, I wonder how propane would work instead of petrol, especially when you need it to heat it up, and what kind of fuel mileage that would get.............................maybe the same, don't have a clue.

If it does get that bad of fuel mileage, that thing would be great if it was designed to coexist with a regular china girl as an add on.

It would sure beat strapping a 25 lb propane tank to the bike and have your buddy bust the head off it to send you rocketing down the road.....laff

Jun 25, 2008
The bike comes with a standard 2 liter tank and may or may not get 6 miles to the gallon? Is this correct?

If so, I wonder how propane would work instead of petrol, especially when you need it to heat it up, and what kind of fuel mileage that would get.............................maybe the same, don't have a clue.

If it does get that bad of fuel mileage, that thing would be great if it was designed to coexist with a regular china girl as an add on.

It would sure beat strapping a 25 lb propane tank to the bike and have your buddy bust the head off it to send you rocketing down the road.....laff
Hiker472 you have hit the nail BANG on the head.

The aim is indeed to design these to work alongside a china 2 smoker. Fuel consumption? Best to be pessimistic and be proven otherwise i think.

Being that most of you fine fella's have cruisers im thinking a tank that'll fit in the space under the current one

The reason for thinking they'll be a need for a secondary tank is simply down to the level of oil that is required for the 2 strokes. if they ran more like 40:1 then it's possible the oil would help lubricate the jet however @ 20:1 its more likely to cause a dirty mess.

Our tests have shown methanol or alcohol to be far easier to ignite compared to gasoline, but we're still pushing petrol as it's availablity is unrivalled.

Propane has also been high on the list however in this application could prove more trouble than its worth. We definitely will build a propane fired jet but probably only for use in r/c models where compressors/batteries etc are simply not feasible.

Thanks for that hiker, keep those thoughts coming!xct2

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I like that double tank idea, either as an add on or even a custom tank with two separate compartments.

That heating up the jets though..............A butane charge cartridge like a mini torch lighter, maybe a bypass off the muffler, ..........

Sounds cool though and it'd be nice to be able to have that freedom, no matter how limited it may be as far as time or distance, but enough to jet up a steep hill or just "put the pedal to the metal" for the sheer fun of it!

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
In an insane twist of events, it appears we're pretty close to manufacturing our first batch of Jet Engine Kits.
After speaking to a UK engine kit retailer, they've asked we reserve a twin jet engine kit and all going well will place an initial order of 25 Kits.
Will post some CAD drawings soon but here's the idea. The pic below is the size we're going for.

Heres a vid of a simliar setup. YouTube - Jet Powered Bicycle of course ours will not be a turbine engine and subsequently wont cost over $2000

It will however be self starting and self aspirating and importantly valveless. Therefore NO moving parts. Installed and used correctly, the engine life is effectively limitless.

Initial complete kit price estimate is between 114.37 USD and 171.56 USD however we plan to integrate it so it uses as many parts as possible that are already used for the HT engines. This means the price will be less for those who already have an MB. So far one of the biggest contributors to the price is the need for a fuel pump as we hope to run the engine primarily on either petrol or methanol (although propane and other flammable fuels will also be compatible). A parts list will be published and we'll be open to "pic'n'mix" orders whereby if people find they already have some of the parts the price can be reduced accordingly.

The basic kit will be for one engine mounted behind the rider and over the rear wheel, the "turbo deluxe" kit will include two engines mounted either side of the rear wheel.

If you are seriously interested send your details (Name, Address, Email, MB forum ID, and Kit desired) to [email protected] when production is ready we envisage implementing a fixed refundable reservation fee something in the region of $21(10%)-$85(50%) with the balance to be paid prior to dispatch.

Thanks chaps will be interested to see the level of response and hear your thoughts.
I dont know it kinda sounds like a valveless pulsejet engine, how much thrust is produced by this package? do you have the fuel line going thrue the cone to cool the engine simular to a rocket engine. second can we get a picture of inside the engine showing the blades/ cone shaping?