1 concern about riding out of state

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I have been considering heading out to south carolina on vaca , an tossing around the idea of taking my mb's with me .
If anyone thinks this is going to be asking for trouble please give their opinions , both are legaly registered in pa.
My concern is I am familiar with other states laws to a point an I understand its said, states decision to allow or decide if my bikes are legal in that state or will they honor pennsylvania's decision an allow my bikes to be used in their jurisdiction?
what do ya think ? take them or not ??
Gary

reb1

Aug 15, 2010
CALIFORNIA
I would use a four stroke or something quiet. I would go for stealth if possable. You should also avoid one horse towns. They are real common in the south. Fun aside, others have traveled with no or very little problems.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I know when it comes to cars, states usually respect other states laws. for example, my brother moved back to pa from florida. florida doesnt require cars to be inspected. as long as he had a current florida plate on his truck, pa cops wouldnt touch him, even though he had an expired pa inspection sticker in his windshield. I would think as long as it has a pennsylvania plate on it, it should be fine. btw, what part of pa are you in? im in lebanon.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
23 0r so miles north of downtown pittsburgh, in freedom pa .
I kinda figured an other state would honor pa's registration but it still kinda freaks me out a bit .
Gary