bikeberry.com

GoldenMotor.com

KarenH

Sep 21, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
The rear sprocket assembly I ordered from bikeberry.com doesn't fit. It is too small so the holes do not line up with the holes in my sprocket. This was their response:

"We only provide one size sprocket clamp assembly, and from the pictures provided it looks like you received everything you needed. If it does not fit your sprocket we apologize, as we try to assure our parts are as universal as possible, but we do not guarantee that the parts we offer will fit every single engine and sprocket available.

From the pictures you've provided everything with the sprocket clamp assembly fit to the assembly, but the assembly did not fit on the sprocket. It can be confusing if you do not know what size you have, so we would be willing to pay for return shipping and refund your parts back if they were in unused condition. However, from the pictures you've provided it appears you've already modified the gasket to fit over your hub (reference picture #5). Unfortunately because there's been a modification done to the gasket we are unable to refund your sprocket clamp assembly."

Who else sells gas bike parts?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Re: bikeberry.com is ripping me off

seems strange that it doesn't fit if both are 9 hole models - I have seen the rubber pieces sometimes with the holes a bit tight so that a drill to enlarge the holes a bit in the rubber is needed

KarenH

Sep 21, 2014
Orange Park, Florida

That isn't the case here. The whole sprocket assembly is just too small to fit my sprocket. If you look at my post under "introduce yourself" titled need help again sprocket assembly you can see pictures showing how they don't line up.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

As I already said, there are 2 sizes of rag joint assemblies.

The smaller size is not very common. The Starfires I sold in 2008 came with the small size.

All the kits I sell now and see around use the larger size.

Yes, Bikeberry sent you the small size which would seem to be a simple matter to remedy?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Karen, do you just need the larger backing plates? I have a bunch and you're welcome to a set. Any missing bolts can be had at any hardware store.

Just PM me if you want em.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

This set is a wee bit over but not like they have critical dimensions. LOL, even by 2 stroke, import standards.

Enjoy them in good health and safe rides.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL, it better or I'm worried you will climb a tower with a high powered riffle.

Screaming "... the directions said 16:1 oil and can be built in under 4 hrs. AND THEN MY *&*&%%$$& SPROCKET......!!!

KarenH

Sep 21, 2014
Orange Park, Florida

OMG, I can't get front tire off. It has one of those quick releases but it isn't releasing lol. I freed the front brake and I pulled the lever open for the quick release on the tire, but the tire still won't slip off.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

OH! are there 2 clips, one on either side? It is a safety thing. They hook to the fork.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Loosen the skewer by holding the nut and unscrewing the lever side. Most have a washer that fits into the fork and require a bit more than just flipping the lever to fully release.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa

Have you thought of maybe having the thread title changed by a mod etc ...since it should be?

chained

Nov 9, 2014
United States

Im on week two of running my Flying Horse engine kit. I put it on a 29" MTB. Had some obstacles, but now its at a dependable state. All of the obstacles were due to the bike, and not the engine kit.
I ordered it off eBay from bikeberry. The original shipment didnt include a spark plug, and it came with the 2 bolt tensioner. I contacted them, the plug and the 4 bolt tensioner was at my house in 3 days.

I called them twice to ask a few questions, and was given some great advice and assistance each time. I can vouch for bikeberry being a professional company.

im extremely happy with the business Ive done with them. Ill buy from them again.

just wanted to balance things out.