looking for 2-stroke kits

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Hi guys,

Just got back from a couple months in Thailand, and am finding that my usual 2-stroke kits have become unavailable in CA now : (

(another shock was that gas is up by about a buck in that time too!!)

I hear that someone is shipping to CA, but their wrist pin bearing has only 6 pins and fails pretty quickly.

Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap (but reliable) kit and maybe one that is a bit higher in price but better quality (I like to offer two choices in quality to my customers)

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Can you not swap out the wrist pin bearings? Seems to me that if your choices are limited, you may have to bite the bullet and work with what you can get. No offense, I understand the desire to find something better. But if you can't, then take what you can get and improve it. Do you also give your customers the choice of 4 stroke?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
even at my rate of only $20/hr, buying the bearing & opening it up to swap the bearing will add too much to the price of the kit

my customers are way too poor for 4-strokes - most take the cheap kit under $200 or a running completed build under $350

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Contact MotorBicycleRacing. He sells retail in Cali and has the ''balanced GenV'' at a decent price. (same engine dax sells but better priced.)

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
my bikes usually run between $275 to $650, all in good running condition (plus a front brake if it's one of those stupid coaster things)

$275 is usually an older mtn bike or a cruiser w/ 50cc motor

$650 is new 7speed cruiser with real brakes, custom wiring to hide CDI, many other custom parts/work, plus first 120miles run-in completed

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
been a long search with many try outs of diff kits

finally found a decent kit & good supplier that enables me to sell kits at $165 right off my shelf - supplier has taken several suggestions from me to improve his kits too

kits have machined cranks, NT carbs, 450ohm mags, rubber-boot CDIs, and long clutch arms

in CA, they come with top end disassembled (nice for checking for port flashing & debris, tho all have been good in that way)

also, there are volume discounts available

found them at "http://stores.ebay.com/sashawigs2009/"

mention "crassius", if you inquire about discounts

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not really, all that is needed is a bit of time online and a few kit orders to check quality

found 2 dealers that deliver 6 to 10 kits at that price (delivery & tax included), but one has 40mm rods & speed carbs so I didn't bother with those because all my spare parts are 38mm & NT carbs

for the unwise, be aware that there are still guys selling pre-2012 kits with bone-shaker cranks at about $90 to $100 delivered, but your customers won't like them

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Check with rose326. But be aware they don't do discounts until you are buying them ten or more at a time.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yeah, used to get some from rose326 before the CA tax thing started

sashawigs2009 are as good & only require 6 at a time