Hello from Minnesota

GoldenMotor.com

digitalgodd

Aug 15, 2012
Minnesota
Hello all. I have been lurking on this board for about a month trying to get my bike working correctly. I have tried all kinds of searches and cannot find a tip for my type of issue i'm having.

First off, the only time the engine seems to have run correctly? is when the rear motor mounts loosen up then the thing runs real smooth and takes off and moves like a rocket (I assume this is how it is supposed to run anyways)

Once I re-tighten the rear motor mount it then runs horrible. Will barely hit 20mph and will not stay idling. When I attempt to run full throttle it bogs down then kind of regains some power. It will keep doing this throughout the whole ride.

digitalgodd

Aug 15, 2012
Minnesota
I think I have it figured out. I just needed to make sure my engine was seated tight and correctly to the frame. It seems to be running very well now. I am going to throw a NGK B7HS plug in it with a .25 gap and see how that performs. I also rigged up a Ram Air type setup. I turned the stock air filter on the NT carb upside down so the four little pipes are facing up. I attached a 12" piece of bilge hose and then attached a scoop made from the top of a 2 liter pop bottle. This really helps the top end and take off. I will post a pic of it tomorrow when it is light out and I can take a good picture of it.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. It's normal for that motor to shift a bit during your early rides. Just keep tightening the motor mounts a bit after every ride and the motor will find the sweet spot.

Last edited: