It Ain't the Spark Plug !

GoldenMotor.com

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Mine did the same, when new. I needed to change to a new brand of plug, (not Chinese).
Finally when it sputtered, I pulled back the clutch to get it to rev it like in neutral to get it to warm up.
Mine wouldn't hardly run on 16:1 so I changed to 24:1 after a tank full and it runs much better and starts much easier.
I want to go to about 30:1 eventually.

Last edited:

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
JerseyKat1,
Any Progress, did you check out the muffler, I can't tell you about the CDI, does the bike start at all, have you tried a different plug ?
Are you sure it's getting gas ?

jerseykat1

JerseyKat1,
Any Progress, did you check out the muffler, I can't tell you about the CDI, does the bike start at all, have you tried a different plug ?
Are you sure it's getting gas ?
i am leaning toward the CDI, module being bad. i am getting gas, i have not tried removing the muffler yet, but it flows pretty well from me blowing through it so i don't really suspect that to be the problem. i have tried a different plug and a few new plug wires, i went the next size up on my carb jet, i modified and played around with everything except the CDI module. I have already ordered a lot of 3 from BGF since they were about 10bucks each after shipping and its good to have extra parts laying around.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
it flows pretty well from me blowing through it so i don't really suspect that to be the problem. i have tried a different plug and a few new plug wires, i went the next size up on my carb jet, i modified and played around with everything except the CDI module. I have already ordered a lot of 3 from BGF since they were about 10bucks each after shipping and its good to have extra parts laying around.
What is 3 from BGF ?

Don't be positive it isn't the muffler, If the bike is running.

Take off the two nuts slide the muffler off and start it up.

Last edited:

jerseykat1

What is 3 from BGF ?

Don't be positive it isn't the muffler, If the bike is running.

Take off the two nuts slide the muffler off and start it up.
sorry, i ordered a lot of 3 CDI units from boygofast on ebay.
you are 100% right never be positive its not the problem until you have tested it, so i took off the muffler fired her up and it did the same thing. see the other thread i started http://motorbicycling.com/f3/i-think-my-80cc-has-issues-4001.html
thank you.