Repair local?

GoldenMotor.com

mcfox316

Nov 23, 2009
westchester ny
heya, i've had my morotized bike for a few months now and still haven't been able to fully get it goin, the problems just keep mounting up, so any idea where i can just go and pay someone to flat out fix everything? i'm from westchester, NY....any ideas? i really don't have time to list all the problems b/c they're endless, i'd be more comfortable just bringing it to a repair shop of some sort, or anything like that, anybody know of anyplace?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I understand the feeling, heck I've been there before so very many, many times :p

Honestly though I really do believe that unless you bull through the build and the initial problems that crop up, yer really not going to enjoy the bike as much in the long run. It isn't that problem solving is as fun for all as it is for me - it's a lot simpler than that.

All motorbikes will need constant attention. If you bribe your way out of the learning process you'll just end up dependent on someone else, their patience and your wallet.

That's not even due to the Chinese manufacturing (tho that's part of it) and it's not that they're unreliable if maintained - but it's that maintenance you learn by doing. The bike itself will need significantly more attention as well as you'll be putting far more miles at a much faster speed than you ever would pedaling it.

It is tough during the initial set up, yer swamped by a multitude of problems simultaneously - best yet, those problems are conspiring together to generate other problems still. If you ignore the symphony of dysfunction and just concentrate on getting one problem solved at a time, you will triumph. Some issues will simply disappear because you fixed something else - one was causing the other without you even knowing it.

The lessons learned by building one of these motorbikes will serve you well. That problem you figured out in the comfort of your own home becomes doable on the side of the road in the rain. Had you not learned how during the build - now yer stranded because of some silly little problem.

Now if you can find a friend to help you fix it - that'll speed up the learning process. That's the whole point of this forum as I see it lol, the groovy pics are the end result.

Maybe you'll find a local dealer and you can throw some money at it, if that's really necessary to have this project be fun for you - so be it. I'd rather that than have you give up and not have one at all. But seriously, these bikes aren't all that complicated when all's done and said, yer just struggling with too much at once.

Take some pics, ask a million questions - it's what we're here for :D

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Mcfox, Welcome To The Forum. Most Or All The Problems Are Addressed Here On The Forum. Barely Awake Put It All Very Well!! As Stated Before, The Mab Will Test Your Mental Fortitude Often. Just Remember, It Is A Brainless Machine, Don`t Let It Defeat You!! The Mab Is Worth The Effort In The End, They Are Lots Of Fun And Much More Economically Friendley Than Most Hobbies. Good Luck And "happy Trails To You" Ron . .cvlt1

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I see that you live near ny city, I would help you out but i live at the northern top part of ny. itys probally easier to give you answers and directions here,unless you can find someone who lives close to you. asfar as the bike problems,List away,theres people waiting to answer your questions.

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
I understand the feeling, heck I've been there before so very many, many times :p

Honestly though I really do believe that unless you bull through the build and the initial problems that crop up, yer really not going to enjoy the bike as much in the long run. It isn't that problem solving is as fun for all as it is for me - it's a lot simpler than that.

All motorbikes will need constant attention. If you bribe your way out of the learning process you'll just end up dependent on someone else, their patience and your wallet.

That's not even due to the Chinese manufacturing (tho that's part of it) and it's not that they're unreliable if maintained - but it's that maintenance you learn by doing. The bike itself will need significantly more attention as well as you'll be putting far more miles at a much faster speed than you ever would pedaling it.

It is tough during the initial set up, yer swamped by a multitude of problems simultaneously - best yet, those problems are conspiring together to generate other problems still. If you ignore the symphony of dysfunction and just concentrate on getting one problem solved at a time, you will triumph. Some issues will simply disappear because you fixed something else - one was causing the other without you even knowing it.

The lessons learned by building one of these motorbikes will serve you well. That problem you figured out in the comfort of your own home becomes doable on the side of the road in the rain. Had you not learned how during the build - now yer stranded because of some silly little problem.

Now if you can find a friend to help you fix it - that'll speed up the learning process. That's the whole point of this forum as I see it lol, the groovy pics are the end result.

Maybe you'll find a local dealer and you can throw some money at it, if that's really necessary to have this project be fun for you - so be it. I'd rather that than have you give up and not have one at all. But seriously, these bikes aren't all that complicated when all's done and said, yer just struggling with too much at once.

Take some pics, ask a million questions - it's what we're here for :D
Well said :)