what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Got new throttle assembly today from BGF and installed it today due to the fact that the other one after 3 years and 4000 thousand miles finally took a dump. I also installed a keyed barrow switch on the side of the Jaguar CDI the I bought from Jameco electronics . Checked my plug after returning the JAG and discover does running lean by plug color. So in the morning I guess I'll be getting up from a .72 to .74 jet. Supposed to be really clear tomorrow 90 degrees and low low wind . This thing is going fly .

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

Clutch tried to commit suicide.

Got that fixed, still grinds the clutch cover though, no idea what's going on.

Got gas for it, not gonna take the bike to the gas station with the rack and a gas can on it though, bungee kept trying to slip off. lol

Gonna flip the tank over, remove the petcock screen, blow the petcock out, then do the same with the carby.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Today I replaced the speedometer battery, and it was time for new front disc brake pads as well adjust the rear v-brakes. Then I took her out for nice evening ride . I may go up one or two more jet sizes. brnot

Krealitygroup

Mar 16, 2013
Earth

Had a good morning ride. Then chain stretched out too much and got caught in the housing again.

Met some new guys on my route that also work on Motorcycles, so It's added training

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Rejetted the carb on my Dax engine, originally had a jet that was soldered and drilled with #73 wire gauge bit, that turned out to be a bit lean for this engine set up, redrilled with #71 which turned out to be rich, resoldered and drilled with #72 today and took a 25 miles ride, much of it running 40+mph, after the long ride I let engine cool for a long while and then checked the spark plug color, PERFECT! nice light chocolate brown color and it runs nice for such low miles so far.
This engine really purs along at 40-42mph this engine only has 41 miles on it so far and I hit 45mph WOT tucked on a long flat, stock type Dax slant head, NT carb and extremely loud home built exhaust..... once I get the new exhaust built and the Puch head on it I dont expect much more speed but I'm sure it will get there a bit quicker, 38-40mph is a comfortable cruise speed for me, even a bit slower is fine but it sure is nice to hammer it on up to over 40mph ever now and then, after the trip I checked the head studs and they needed tweaking down again, just used the stock studs in this engine for now but I will be making some up when I put the Puch head on, I have two 3' lengths of high quality 8mm x 1.25 all thread, stock studs are loosening from case, I think that is the only place I didn't use any loctite, I'll change that if they loosen again.

Did some looking at several possibilities on how I may run the exhaust on the bike, just not sure how I'm gonna do it yet, about four options I'm looking at.....( stare at floor and scratch head time...)

Map
reddd

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Everyday sir, I stay on top of every post you put up and am subscribed to your thread.

yes....... we are watching and enjoying every single pic you list.

Peace, Map
.wee.
I thank you, only asked because I started feeling like I was talking to myself there.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Many may be watching in silence and anticipation, just lurking in the background waiting for it to all come together and then they'll jump out and give you a hand clap and a standing O for all the time and hard work you've put in to this very unique project, I'm liking the heck out of it myself and I know others feel the same way as I do, we're still here buddy.

Map
.wee.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

I pop into the thread also!

Ordered some things from JNM on 8/15. Been watching the mail for the items. Got an e-mail today.................they didn't even get sent until today!! Glad that these are non-essential parts for a non-essential (for me, at least) machine.......sheeesh! I ordered my chain tensioner from Turbobuick1 on a Saturday and received it on Monday --- from Michigan. Quite a difference there......

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

I pop into the thread also!

Ordered some things from JNM on 8/15. Been watching the mail for the items. Got an e-mail today.................they didn't even get sent until today!! Glad that these are non-essential parts for a non-essential (for me, at least) machine.......sheeesh! I ordered my chain tensioner from Turbobuick1 on a Saturday and received it on Monday --- from Michigan. Quite a difference there......
Sometimes I wonder how some these places stay in business with their crap tacular service

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

I've been out here silently watching . I have a freind/member/neighbor 4 blocks away who is built a HT Chopper from scratch and has an engine like yours he's getting ready to do some fabrication on it and asked me over this afternoon to come over tomorrow and kick some ideas around .we are watching .lol

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Well after rejecting the other day went out for about 20 mile ride and then came back and let her cool down and pulled the plug into the look and see what did I find to my surprise it was a nice almond mocha latte/cappuccino color. laff

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Had to tighten engine studs again yesterday, gonna replace them and loctite real good into case, first engine so far that I've had issues with the studs backing out but I can and will get this fixed asap, really hard on the threads doing all the retightening, will eventually destroy threads in the case.

Simple fix, just a little time and some thread locker will have me rolling again.

Map

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Today just a short ride around town and another members to shoot the chit. Forgot to bring up Drac's build but I may get back over there again tomorrow . Out on usual scenic route , its a incline and able pull the hole two miles in 7th gear . Never ever been able to do this until now. Must another side effects from taking that medication from DAX. LMAOlaff

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Had a good ride today, with the new muffler (nice, poppity sound, powerful for its size). The bike ran hard, even doing a wheelie a couple times. It was topping at 25mph, but that's pretty good for a 1" roller! For a bike that goes through a bunch of back streets and city streets, it's better to race to 25 than to wait it out for a higher speed I will just have to brake down from anyway. I was having fun, till I walked up the grassy incline near my house, where I always have to go to the freeway edge where the service road dead ends. I gas the bike to walk it up the hill. Some crap (beer bottle? other?) got in my rear wheel and destroyed half a dozen spokes and bent my tension strap. I had to walk a mile home. Oh well. When I get a new wheel or spokes, should be able to fix it right up. Meanwhile, I've got another bike. Vrooom! I wonder where to get 12g spokes?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Tweaked a bit on my home made exhaust and made some slight adjustments to the carb....she briefly hit 33mph!! I think that I'm at the limit with this stock sprocket. Hmmm.....I wonder how long that will stay on there??? :D

Attachments

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Had a good ride today, with the new muffler (nice, poppity sound, powerful for its size). The bike ran hard, even doing a wheelie a couple times. It was topping at 25mph, but that's pretty good for a 1" roller! For a bike that goes through a bunch of back streets and city streets, it's better to race to 25 than to wait it out for a higher speed I will just have to brake down from anyway. I was having fun, till I walked up the grassy incline near my house, where I always have to go to the freeway edge where the service road dead ends. I gas the bike to walk it up the hill. Some crap (beer bottle? other?) got in my rear wheel and destroyed half a dozen spokes and bent my tension strap. I had to walk a mile home. Oh well. When I get a new wheel or spokes, should be able to fix it right up. Meanwhile, I've got another bike. Vrooom! I wonder where to get 12g spokes?
This is where I got the 12g spokes for my rear wheel.
http://www.danscomp.com/index.php